Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ UAB - January 3, 2019

Add topic

Sebree's day is done. Owls will have rely even more-so on Adger.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Blazers' sharp shooting and sound defense keep the Owls within double digits.

Back to the top

This is becoming ridiculous!

• Stapleton
  • Ingram
  • Sebree

Reminds me of what Partridge went through with the o-line a few years ago.

Only thing is a basketball roster can have 13 TOTAL scholarships, so bodies to reload become a major issue.

Not to mention the skill set transfer needed to accompany the line-up changes and maintain success.

:Crying: :Crying2: :Rainning: :Sleepy:
Back to the top

Side note:

Why does this all have to happen when we were doing so well?!?!?

Back to the top

I don't see this comeback happening tonight. UAB's defense is just too much right now, especially as they switch to a full court press.

Back to the top

UAB's lead has been between 13-15 points for almost the entirety of the second half. As we hit the final media timeout of the game, the Owls are overdue of an offensive run.

Back to the top

Owls will have to wait a couple of days in order to hit double-digit wins, as FAU falls in their CUSA opener.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Tough way to begin conference play for the Owls.  Unfortunately, the injury bug continues to bite this young team.  The game got off to a rough start as F Jaylen Sebree suffered an arm injury and left the contest.  The Owls need him offensively. Hopefully this injury is not a lengthy one.  Ball security continued to be an Achilles heel for FAU.  Many offensive opportunities slipped away due to sloppy ball handling and bad passing. Freshmen big Karlis Silins the transfer from Ole Miss had some strong moments offensively in the paint.  Hopefully he can stay healthy as his rebounding and size are very important against other conference bigs.

Saturday night the Owls travel to Middle Tennessee State (3-11) for their second conference game of the schedule.  There is a chance F Xavian Stapleton returns to action.  The team needs a spark right now to take some pressure off G Anthony Adger.
Back to the top

Yep, Stapleton DID travel with the squad on this road trip. Would love to see him return to action against a Middle Tennessee program that we haven't beaten since 2011.

Back to the top
Control functions: