Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Early Signing Period Positives and Questions

Add topic

LawOwl said

The Dow is down 464 today guys my portfolio continues to take a beating like Lane #SellOff #ShortIt #EggNog #Bourbon
Posted On: Dec 20th 2018, 8:14 PM #384330

It will recover. It always does. Luckily I have half my money in variable annuities. The other half is mostly bonds. I’m at the age I need income and not big growth. I have some real estate but Illinois real estate is horrible right now. Everyone is moving out. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

LawOwl said

The Dow is down 464 today guys my portfolio continues to take a beating like Lane #SellOff #ShortIt #EggNog #Bourbon
Posted On: Dec 20th 2018, 8:14 PM #384330

Seriously rough right now. Don't look at anything emerging markets.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

This is the video of when UNCC played at UT last year and played really well.
Posted On: Dec 20th 2018, 2:39 PM #384324

Thanks for posting that Shane, liked watching that and seeing UNCC not AFRAID on D and ATTACKING on every down, even vs. an SEC team! They played the gaps well and every time UT tried a pulling guards a LB came crashing through the gap.

Now don't get me wrong but UT HAD a pretty BAD O this year but still the effort and determination and scheme worked vs. them.

Biggest thing I could NOT stop thinking about is how did we lose to them with an 11 pt. halftime lead. Oh, by only scoring 3 in the entire 2nd half, at home, YET AGAIN! To UNCC's credit, they fight and don't quit. Not saying we did but man those nothing 2nd halves for us this year - inexcusable, especially 3 TIMES!
Back to the top

Emmons is on campus and on team - FINALLY!

I hope and pray he comes in decent shape and good hungry attitude as the door to him being our No. 1 RB is wide open for him! If so he offers a better blend of size (6-2 230!) speed and power combined than we have ever had at the position. Now if we could only get that other Bama transfer. Not likely, but having Coach K, Coach Love and Emmons here could not hurt.
Back to the top

I also think Malcolm Davidson has the potential to be a very good back.  It obviously hurts to lose the all-time leader in rushing and TDs in school history, and a backup that recorded 800 yards and provided that home-run potential last year.  But I think Emmons (like you said - if he is in shape and has his head on right) and Davidson can still provide us a very good rushing attack.  I look forward to hearing how Emmons looks and blends in with the team and staff.
Back to the top

Well he IS here after I think a year since first reported. That either show a serious commitment to Coach K, the Owls AND most importantly to himself

OR

we are the only ones to give him a shot and all others have given up on him and his potential!

THAT is not likely with a 6-2 230 lb. 4 or 5 star RB unless ya totally blew your leg out. We HAVE had some very good transfers so let's all hope for the best for BJ and the Owls!

WELCOME TO FAU MR. EMMONS - GO KICK SOME FOOTBALL A__! :cool:

Back to the top

Here's the FIVE that are now enrolled:

Adrian Bryant

BJ Emmons

Diamante Howard

Johathan Sullivan

Dwight Toombs
Back to the top

Was there really no one who wanted Emmons? It seemed to me like the Alabama backfield was too stacked and he came here because he could start.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Was there really no one who wanted Emmons? It seemed to me like the Alabama backfield was too stacked and he came here because he could start.
Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 12:24 PM #384606

I don't know, but it seems hard to believe if true, no? Very glad for him he has his academics in line now!

Actually I just checked ans 24/7 lists Louisville and East Carolina with offers.

This from rotoworld;

B.J. Emmons - Florida Atlantic Owls - 2019 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 12:24 PM #384606

I don't know, but it seems hard to believe if true, no? Very glad for him he has his academics in line now!

Actually I just checked ans 24/7 lists Louisville and East Carolina with offers.

This from rotoworld;

B.J. Emmons - Florida Atlantic Owls - 2019 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 1:16 PM #384610

I'm sure the Kiffin connection played a role. We will really need him next year it seems. Given the track record so far, I'm not going to think anything is guaranteed with any JUCO, also considering him taking a year off from playing. Still, he was arguably the #1 back coming out of HS a few years ago - the talent is there.
Back to the top
Control functions: