Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Charlotte @ FAU - January 12

Add topic

Owls are in the lead thanks to a fast start to the second half.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The 49ers are feeling good along the arc on both sides of the ball.

Back to the top

FAU hits a pair of three pointers right after we say this.  :Winking:  :Winking:

Back to the top

We are in serious danger of dropping our first home contest of the regular season. Owls look lifeless offensively.

Back to the top

Not looking good. This is when our youth can kill us.

Back to the top

Jon Davis has absolutely popped off. This kid can't graduate soon enough.

Back to the top

The 49ers earn their first conference win with, frankly, a dominating performance at The Burrow. The visitors shot 50% FG, including 58% 3FG and 89% 3FG in the second half. There's no way to comeback against that.

Back to the top

I'm not giving up on this team at all. This is what young teams do. The good news is , we've seen what they are capable of doing when they are hot. That is what the coach needs to harness. Figuring out a way to bring concistancy. Remember, we have some key injuries. What a difference that would make. OMG…could I have accidently become a basketball fan ?
Back to the top

Charlotte is a team in good form. As Ryan mentioned in the preview, the 'Niners two recent losses came by a combined 4 points. Jon Davis has been a thorn at our side for years now, so no surprise he had a good day. His second half performance was insane. The senior leader stepped up when he needed to.

While Charlotte isn't as bad as their record indicates, we had a SERIOUS shot at being one of the conference's top four teams going into this week. All we had to is beat Charlotte, and we're in the top four pod. Now missing out on that opportunity bites, especially with another tough road trip looming.

Back to the top
Control functions: