Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RB Larry McCammon lll commits to Owls' Class of 2019

Add topic

FAU will add it's second RB commit of the 2019 cycle in three-star 7A Alabama first team all-state running back Larry McCammon.

McCammon (photo far left) who attends national high school football powerhouse Hoover Alabama held offers from the likes of Iowa, Rutgers, Troy and C-USA members UAB, MTSU, and Southern Miss - amongst others.

In a 2018 nationally televised game vs Florida powerhouse IMG Academy, McCammon gained 97 yards on just six carries while adding 5 catches for another 24 yards.

In a recent a AL.com article, Hoover Coach  Josh Nibblett called McCammon "The best back he has ever coached".

McCammon also becomes the first commit from the state of Alabama this cycle where Lane Kiffin's staff has many targets which include QB target Javion Posey and highly sought after three-star athlete JD Martin.

McCammon announced via twitter that he had received his offer from Florida Atlantic (7th at the time) on January 23, 2018, proving that the relationship he had cultivated with the Owls' staff was to be long lasting.

2019 FAU Football Commit List - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Love that FAU is bringing in an Irish RB.. haha. On paper , this guy looks looks like he has real good hands. Nice. BTW OC, thanks for posting your pic. Don't be shocked when a 59 year old , gray haired guy walks up and gives you a beer .  Your reporting has been great. Just keep away from cutting anyone down. That can be done with facts that are different than the person you are having an argument with. Can't fight facts. Sorry. That's the dad in me coming out.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Love that FAU is bringing in an Irish RB.. haha. On paper , this guy looks looks like he has real good hands. Nice. BTW OC, thanks for posting your pic. Don't be shocked when a 59 year old , gray haired guy walks up and gives you a beer .  Your reporting has been great. Just keep away from cutting anyone down. That can be done with facts that are different than the person you are having an argument with. Can't fight facts. Sorry. That's the dad in me coming out.
Posted On: Jan 15th 2019, 6:14 AM #384708

Thanks a lot!

I was recently laid off a job, so I have extra time and I am a nerd for this stuff.

I am working my hardest to catch up top as much "scoop'' per se on the 2019 class.
Back to the top

Thanks for the coverage OC.

We are "quietly" putting together a real nice class. I like being able to tap into other states like Alabama and getting solid recruits like McCammon.
Back to the top
Control functions: