Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kyle Davis Transferring

This was in the post this morning. What a colossal disappointment. I wonder what our receiving corps will look like now.
Back to the top

Guy didn't make grades…unfortunately, need guys who can make grades.

:Straight-Face:
Back to the top

Not playing in games, not traveling and still did not make grades - dumb and sad!!!
Back to the top

College isn't for everyone. Too bad.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Not playing in games, not traveling and still did not make grades - dumb and sad!!!
Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 1:44 PM #384831

Calling college kids dumb when you know 0.0 about what's going on personally is not right.
Back to the top

My goodness.
Back to the top

I know, this is bad. He was basically my only hope that we could have an explosive passing game next year. His size would’ve given us a big advantage similar to having Khalib Woods. This could affect our win loss record by a couple games Bc it seems like this kids talent was legit 
Back to the top

Shane, not calling HIM dumb but letting grades slip for whatever reason when you are not playing and traveling and losing your eligibility is a dumb and sad action! He had more time to study than the active roster player is pretty much all I was saying!

MANY of the recruits at UAB after he re-start of the program had grades issues and USED THAT TIME (when the team was not playing for a year) to become eligible to play again at the FBS level again. And we all saw how good they became as a team.

Sad for him and the Owls, We needed him!
Back to the top

Look at Shane . ( No longer calling him OC ). "Name calling is not right". He is maturing before our eyes. I agree with you Shane. College does different things for different kids. Some thrive. Some have difficulty. Lets wish him luck and move forward. FAU is in SoFla. If we can't recruit two top WR's , blame Lane and the coaches. We went north to get Wright and Solomon. Go find a couple more. The clock is ticking.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Shane, not calling HIM dumb but letting grades slip for whatever reason when you are not playing and traveling and losing your eligibility is a dumb and sad action! He had more time to study than the active roster player is pretty much all I was saying!

MANY of the recruits at UAB after he re-start of the program had grades issues and USED THAT TIME (when the team was not playing for a year) to become eligible to play again at the FBS level again. And we all saw how good they became as a team.

Sad for him and the Owls, We needed him!
Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 4:20 PM #384838

We do not know if we needed him. One thing I have learned about college and especially G5 is surprises are never short. Saying we needed a guy who has never taken a snap with the team is a stretch.

There is talent on this team and there will be guys to emerge. The best moves we made this offseason are with the staff and bringing in more experience to mix with the young coaches we have.

We can talk WR, RB etc, but in the end, our 2019 season depends on how Robinson develops we will win 8-9-10 games if not and we get more turnovers and misreads looking at 4-8.

Back to the top
Control functions: