Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kyle Davis Transferring

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Shane, not calling HIM dumb but letting grades slip for whatever reason when you are not playing and traveling and losing your eligibility is a dumb and sad action! He had more time to study than the active roster player is pretty much all I was saying!

MANY of the recruits at UAB after he re-start of the program had grades issues and USED THAT TIME (when the team was not playing for a year) to become eligible to play again at the FBS level again. And we all saw how good they became as a team.

Sad for him and the Owls, We needed him!
Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 4:20 PM #384838

We can talk WR, RB etc, but in the end, our 2019 season depends on how Robinson develops we will win 8-9-10 games if not and we get more turnovers and misreads looking at 4-8.

Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 5:12 PM #384840

+1

That is exactly what I have said 100 times in the last few months.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Look at Shane . ( No longer calling him OC ). "Name calling is not right". He is maturing before our eyes.

:Laughing:

Back to the top

It’s Robison or bust not sure if that’s a good thing. We lost a nice opportunity with two NFL quality RBs here this past season. Lane has his work cut out for him in 2019 he needs to get us back in the postseason. Back to back losing seasons need to be viewed as unacceptable now
Back to the top

Chris will be up there with Rusty before he is done. The kid has amazing skills.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Chris will be up there with Rusty before he is done. The kid has amazing skills.
Posted On: Jan 26th 2019, 6:13 AM #384845

Maybe; still remains to be seen IMHO.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I sure hope so, but the skill positions, especially now at WR, are very thin. Who do we have that he can throw to with confidence?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Considering the school with the last 2 QB Heisman winners had him scheduled to be the next man up, I will agree.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

It's tough to grasp these days, but not all Freshman or RS Freshman QB's are able to play at a high level.  We see the one off's like the Clemson kid and wonder why not us?  But it doesn't usually work like that.

My concern with Robison is he didn't develop through the season, even debatable that he regressed.  However, I have seen over my years of watching college football one off-season make a tremendous amount of difference.  Almost making the play of the previous year unrecognizable.

There are plenty of examples throughout history and all programs.  I'll give you one that still blows my mind at FAU…

Graham Wilbert Junior to Senior season.  I am too lazy to look up the stats, but somebody please do so.  Aside from the stats, just the eye test…the difference was staggering.

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att
Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Florida Atlantic         416 704 59.1 4314 6.1 5.4
2012 Florida Atlantic Sun Belt SR QB 12 261 405 64.4 2814 6.9 7.2 18 6 134.5
2011 Florida Atlantic Sun Belt JR QB 11 154 294 52.4 1459 5.0 3.1 7 15 91.7
2010 Florida Atlantic Sun Belt SO QB 3 1 5 20.0 41 8.2 -0.8 0 1 48.9

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

We all p[ray both He and the system improve next season!
Back to the top

He’ll be as good as his receivers are. And ours our really not that good. So if Robison was the qb at OU this past year he would’ve put up bad numbers too. Ridiculous. You can’t always blame the QB. It’s really ridiculous how much credit Driskel gets compared to Robison when Driskel had one of the best coordinators in football. If you’re looking for reasons why we underachieved last year look elsewhere. How about the people he’s throwing the ball to
Back to the top
Control functions: