Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

I have to totally agree with you, the "talent" we had on the sidelines SHOULD HAVE dominated CUSA - not many took advantage of this 2nd or even last chance here! Very sad and is that on the players or the Coaching???

Even last year, the team really took off AFTER our two receivers came back off their suspensions!

QB is the perfect example to me, we have FOUR (4) POWER 5 transfers and yet FIU had one (1) who was mediocre at MAC Bowling Green who TOTALLY outplayed all of ours put together!!!

WE HAD THREE(3) LOSSES BY A FG OR LESS AND TOO ME WITH JUST A DECENT GAME MANAGER AT QB WE WIN ALL THREE EASILY! WITH TEAMS ALL YEAR KEYING ON THE RUN, WE SHOPULD HAVE HAD SUCCESS LIKE THE AF GAME, ESPECIALLY IN CUSA!
Back to the top

We didn't have great lines on both sides of the ball and without that you need a really good passing game, and we didn't have the receivers. We've hit on a lot of grad transfers. Our recruiting seems to be good. Kiffin's guys, Kyle Davis and Durante will be the top 2 receivers on the team. We've had strong grad transfers, especially 2017. Hopefully Kiffin realized after this losing season that he needs to give 110% into recruiting.
Back to the top

It looks like Darrin Smith (top APB in Texas?) might be coming around?

Darrin Smith, Lone Star, All Purpose Back

Emmons, Davidson, a healthy Tisdale?, new guy Dean and this kid? We might be OK (specifically regarding RB).

Back to the top

If you can count their predictions for anything.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but interesting look at the lengths one might go to recruit:

LOOK: Lane Kiffin visited FAU recruit in maternity ward to help him welcome child

The scary part?  FAU currently ranked as the 6th best CUSA class.  I ***think*** that is getting better, but still it shows a pretty lackluster early signing class (particularly for a staff that didn't have a bowl game and practices).
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but interesting look at the lengths one might go to recruit:

LOOK: Lane Kiffin visited FAU recruit in maternity ward to help him welcome child

The scary part?  FAU currently ranked as the 6th best CUSA class.  I ***think*** that is getting better, but still it shows a pretty lackluster early signing class (particularly for a staff that didn't have a bowl game and practices).
Posted On: Jan 30th 2019, 6:55 PM #384868

It was ranked second yesterday. The points between 2-6 are very few. 
Back to the top

We had one players individual rating go from .80-something to .79-something. And that was enough to bump us from two to six. It really can't (or shouldn't) be that big of a deal.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

We had one players individual rating go from .80-something to .79-something. And that was enough to bump us from two to six. It really can't (or shouldn't) be that big of a deal.
Posted On: Jan 30th 2019, 7:37 PM #384871

I have never seen an actual ranking of less than 1, but that's why we are at 6. I'd have to think that gets updated.
Back to the top

When I visit 247sports.com, the ratings read 0.9 and 0.8 and 0.7 and so on. By their standard (I imagine) a 1.0 would be perfect.
Back to the top
Control functions: