Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oxbridge Academy QB Gio Richardson Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2019

Add topic

Not to stray too far off-topic, but FCS is still some pretty good football - especially for players who want on the field right away or who maybe want to stay at a certain position.  I don't know about Gio, but some QBs are recruited to play WR or DB in college.

And every year there are guys that make NFL teams from FCS.  Even my little school had a rookie on both the Chargers and Patriot's rosters who were with the teams in the playoffs this year - the DB who was drafted very well might get a Super Bowl ring this weekend.

I get FBS > FCS, but it is still a very viable option (and the games are maybe better because honestly I think the kids and coaches play harder and for the right reasons).  Stepping off my soapbox.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Not to stray too far off-topic, but FCS is still some pretty good football - especially for players who want on the field right away or who maybe want to stay at a certain position.  I don't know about Gio, but some QBs are recruited to play WR or DB in college.

And every year there are guys that make NFL teams from FCS.  Even my little school had a rookie on both the Chargers and Patriot's rosters who were with the teams in the playoffs this year - the DB who was drafted very well might get a Super Bowl ring this weekend.

I get FBS > FCS, but it is still a very viable option (and the games are maybe better because honestly I think the kids and coaches play harder and for the right reasons).  Stepping off my soapbox.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2019, 7:33 AM #384876

Agreed, watching the FCS playoffs are some of my favorite games every year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

If he has a chance to step in and play right away (he certainly wouldn't here), I totally see why he would leave. Good luck to him.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2019, 3:36 PM #384836

AGREED, BUT FCS????
Posted On: Jan 31st 2019, 7:05 AM #384875

Maybe that was his only choice. LIke I pointed out in the other thread just because you have a little "offer' check does mean it is good now.

Back to the top

All very true guys and I hope he does well there!
Back to the top
Control functions: