Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

Oh, Underdog.

FIU Signing Day 2019: Down to the wire, but close out strong - Underdog Dynasty

It's no last night's article but, this opening, this late in the day, come on, man.
Back to the top

You guys know I'm old school. The thing that makes me smile about this class….the OL additions. Now we need to develop them into college players.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Oh, Underdog.

FIU Signing Day 2019: Down to the wire, but close out strong - Underdog Dynasty

It's no last night's article but, this opening, this late in the day, come on, man.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2019, 6:08 PM #385058

The person(s) who is pushing this narrative has no credibility – none.
Back to the top

I know Eric personally, so trust me when I say give him a break. He is writing an FIU centric article for FIU fans, of course it's going to have a pro-FIU spin to it. But he's not stupid, he knows FAU dominated the day. That's why he said FIU had a victory OF SORTS over FAU. We went ALL IN for Brian Dillard, that is a fact. To the point where we had an article ready to go about how we poaching one of FIU's top recruits was the icing on the cake to a perfect NSD.

Let them have some glimmer of hope y'all.  :Laughing:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Congrats to all the players joining FAU and the Coaches for their hard work!

Check out this I found regarding Colquitt County HS recruiting class;

John Barron WALB News 10
@JohnWALB

13 Packers sign their national letters of intent to continue their careers at the next level:
Big time signs:
Ryan Fitzgerald- FSU
Jay Ward- LSU
Kamaar Bell- Auburn
Brian Merritt- FAU

NO editing, this is exactly as posted. How cool guys!!!
Back to the top

The most important thing I read yesterday were Kiffin's comments about this being the "normal" approach going forward - that should be music to Owls fan's ears.  Building through high school recruiting and plugging holes with JuCos and grad transfers only when necessary (or when some stud falls into your lap) is how to do it long-term.

The old "on paper" comment has to be thrown in.  You never know 100% even with 4 and 5*** recruits until they get on campus and start competing.  But the depth of this class in terms of talent and athleticism, coupled with the few transfer guys, should mean good things for FAU football.  Now get to work guys!!!
Back to the top

Even on Rivals (tougher of the two rating services), FAU finished 56 Nationally and 1st in CUSA! WE have more 3 stars than FIU, WKU, ODU and UNCC COMBINED!
Back to the top

Looks like we have one more commit to add! Former Mizzou commit Glover Cook III is going to be an Owl.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU had one of the biggest signing classes in the country, 32 so far. What is the strategy with a class that size? Isn't there a limit per year on signings? Are some blue and gray shirts?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Did anyone else know about this?

Terrell Owens, Warren Sapp's Sons Commit to Play for Lane Kiffin at FAU

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819622-terrell-owens-warren-sapps-sons-commit-to-play-for-lane-kiffin-at-fau

I know those guys will have to prove themselves but it shows their confidence in Kiffin's program.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: