Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Rice @ FAU - February 16, 2019

Add topic

Every FAU vs. Rice basketball game has been decided by 4 points or less, including buzzer-beaters in the last two meetings.

Looks like we may see our first lopsided final score in this series history. *knocks on wood*

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Lol I blame myself…

Back to the top

This is better from FAU, who stretch the lead back to 14.

Back to the top

Looks like that Rice run is exactly what we need to spark our offense. FAU is in the middle of a 15-0 run! Adger gets his first bucket of the game with a three-pointer, then Niang hits back-to-back treys soon after.

Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

What a day for Dusty May and the boys! We are going into Bonus Play with a 7-7 conference record.

Not listed below is a double digit scoring day for Silins, his second in as many days. Team Manager Will Rutherford saw some action in the final minute of the game. Unfortunately, the only saw the ball to inbound. Would've loved to see him on the score sheet.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Can someone explain the bonus play? But really tremendous year by dusty may!
Back to the top

Good WIN!

Liking our D as of late…

Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Can someone explain the bonus play? But really tremendous year by dusty may!
Posted On: Feb 16th 2019, 3:55 PM #385225

Teams will be placed in one of three groups based on conference standings through the first 14 games of league action and will be guaranteed seeding within that group. The teams will be divided into two groups of five (1-5 and 6-10) and a group of four (11-14). During the final three weeks, teams will play within their respective grouping for the last four games of conference play. Home and away games within the groups will be determined by a preset formula.
Back to the top

Great eye from Ryan, who spotted Miami Heat's PxP broadcaster Eric Reid chillin' court-side with Frank Forte.

Back to the top

Slow start and slow second half start but other than that it was great game.  Rice was very frustrated offensively.

Great win!  Would be amazing to end the regular season at 500.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: