Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS GAME THREAD: FIU @ FAU February 23, 2019

Add topic

Maitre hits the reverse layup while getting fouled! He hits his and-one opportunity to pull FAU within two.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Adger ties it up with this layup, then hits the and-one for FAU's first lead!

Back to the top

ITS LIT!

Back to the top

Whatever Stapleton gestured to the FIU players, the refs didn't like it. Therefor, I love it.

Back to the top

Panthers use an 8-0 run to level the score.

Back to the top

Final. The Panthers ride the storm and break Owls hearts.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Welp, Saw this coming….

Back to the top

Notables from today's contest:

· Anthony Adger and Xavian Stapleton tied for the team high with 15 points each. Karlis Silins scored 13 off the bench

· Adger also had five rebounds, four assists and two steals, Stapleton posted two rebounds, an assist and a steal, while Silins grabbed five boards, dished out an assist and blocked a shot

· The Owls scored 50 points in the second half, just the second time this season they have scored that many in a half (58, second half vs. Florida Tech)

· Madiaw Niang pulled down 10 rebounds and scored six points in just 16 minutes of action

· As a team, the Owls outrebounded FIU 48-43

· Adger hit his 83rd three-pointer of the season, passing Earnest Crumbley for fifth most made in a season by a FAU player

· FAU hit nine triples as a team, extending its school record to 253 on the year
Back to the top

I thought #4 had the opportunity to have an amazing game. Have to keep your emotions under control. Learning experience. Both techs were deserved. This is what separates pretenders from contenders. Let's Go.
Back to the top

The first technical was for hanging on the rim on a dunk.  Although that is not always called, he definitely did hang on the rim.  The second technical was unexplained.  What did he do?
Back to the top
Control functions: