Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS GAME THREAD: FIU @ FAU February 23, 2019

Add topic

Guess they would label it taunting…aimed at FIU'S bench..
Back to the top

The Owls put up a good fight, but FIU got buckets when they needed it the most. Luckily, there was a few bright spots that the team can build on.

- F Madiaw Niang had a solid performance.  The Freshmen had a rough start to the month of February, but has made impacts on the last two games. 8 pts against Rice and 6 pts, 10 rebs against FIU.  FAU will need him to produce as a change of pace big down the stretch, as he is quicker in transition then Zecevic, Silins, Lepichev.

- F/C Karlis Silins had his third straight game with double digit points.  He tends to be more of a second half player.  Hopefully the Owls can get him going early in Bonus Play/ CUSA Tourney.  Silins has the talent to be a 20 point scorer.  
Back to the top

Rick said

Guess they would label it taunting…aimed at FIU'S bench..
Posted On: Feb 24th 2019, 12:59 PM #385339

It happened at the other end of the floor from FIU’s bench.  And the ref clearly called the tech for hanging on the rim (I sit right behind the scorers table where the ref made the call).  It wasn’t taunting.
Back to the top

dore95 said

It happened at the other end of the floor from FIU’s bench.  And the ref clearly called the tech for hanging on the rim (I sit right behind the scorers table where the ref made the call).  It wasn’t taunting.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2019, 7:09 PM #385341

Didn't you ask what the second technical was for?

That is what I responded to…

Back to the top
Control functions: