Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is Best College In Florida and #10 on overall list

Add topic

FAU is Best College In Florida and #10 on overall list

I first saw this on Twitter. Dr Kelly liked it.

I hope this means something.

The best 'total-package college' in every state in America | Ladders

I think with all the controversy of so much student debt for some graduates, inexpensive tuition is high on the list of positives. This article includes that as one of positives of FAU. :Smug:

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

This is what I've been saying. We're sitting on a gold mine. When you think about it, think about every major American city or vacation destination with amazing weather. What do they all have in common? They all have amazing colleges. I believe that FAU offers a unique experience in the Tri County area and most of South Florida as a whole. We have an on campus football stadium. Miami plays 25 miles away and FIU, let's not even go there, they're Miami's "2nd team". And people are sick of high tuition. Not to mention the fact that Miami as a city is a joke. All we need to do is get the nightlife center built with bars and that stuff and more dorms. FAU is an unstoppable freight train.
Back to the top

Actually FIU is Miami's "3rd team" - Dolphins, UM, FIU
Back to the top

The cost component is interesting to me.  FAU is the cheapest on this list, but pretty much all of the Florida public universities have roughly the same cost - so it is the other things that push FAU ahead (location, job placement, etc.).  My middle daughter is going to FSU in the Fall, and when everything (fees, dorm, meal plan) is considered it will be cheaper than FAU.

As a North Carolinian, I was kind of surprised by FSU and UF really being the cheapest in-state options, as UNC Chapel Hill is by far the hardest to get into and also costs the most of the NC public universities.  Of course I don’t just look at the tuition since that is generally only about 25% or less of the total cost.

I have been very happy with FAU for my oldest daughter, and hope that all of this holds true (especially the job placement part!!!).
Back to the top

Wow, what a report! Not just Best in state but top 10 in Nation! Proud of my U, the FAU!

Back to the top

That is an interesting take I never thought of. FIU is Miami’s 3rd team. I’m hoping there will be an athletic sea change. There’s no reason really besides conferences why Miami should be better than us. Miami has 15k students and we and the 3rd team dwarf their student population. With the 3rd team being in a pretty rancid location in what’s become a city that no one really wants to live in anymore. We’re doing well as far as outpacing them. Let’s take advantage of the fact that Miami is a joke of a city to live in and we have the better location and options even better than Miami 
Back to the top

I love how FIU is also promoting the beach in it's recruiting and advertising. Of course not telling anyone that is MIAMI BEACH, some 15+ MILES away as opposed to the Everglades which are a less than 5 miles away! They want everyone to think FIU is located at South Beach! :Laughing:
Back to the top

I just hope there is some substance to this rating considering the really good universities that didn't make the list. Stony Brook beat out Columbia, Cornell and NYU in New York State with cost being a big factor.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Actually FIU is Miami's "3rd team" - Dolphins, UM, FIU
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2019, 8:51 PM #385407

Actually, FIU is Miami's tenth team. Dolphins, UM, FSU, UF, UCF, Real Madrid, Patriots, Miami Northwestern, the Yankees if they starting playing any form of football, then maybe FIU.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I'll be completely honest. I'm pretty sure this is just some random website blog that posts their own opinions. Looks like we came away well in those rankings but I'm sure it doesn't mean much. Hopefully we did well in this year's BOG state University rankings system and get extra funding. That could be huge.

The only big factor preventing us from getting onto USNEWS is our graduation rate. 6 year graduation rate is around 49% which is actually terrible. We need to be somewhere in the 60% to get ranked. I hope we made progress I. That area
Back to the top
Control functions: