Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin announces Robison will "not be a part of team activities" for Spring

d-owl said

Wow, I'm out the loop for a few weeks and see this.

I'll say it (and am not afraid to say it) - it's sad that we were held hostage by this clown all last year for whatever reason where our O had absolutely no field general from the looks of things. He was never that impressive to me and the (bad/corny) dancing personified his tired act. It's not a generational thing or anything of the sort - he was a clown at OU, was a clown here by all accounts– and it's sad that a guy like DeAndre had to put up with being benched for him. He could have learned a thing or two by the way DeAndre carried himself and I can't help but think that dynamic, where this cornball was handed the keys to the kingdom over a guy that the players genuinely liked and would rally around (FIU game folks) affected the team.

GET AT ME lol.
Posted On: Mar 27th 2019, 6:30 PM #385691

You must have missed all the other game De’Andre played where completing a bubble screen was an adventure. His arm wasn’t the same after the clot. 

Chris Robison has is up and downs in the field but the talent is clear.
Also, clown show? Other than this but of dancing in the middle of game what are you talking about? 
When he limped out vs La Tech and tried to play on one leg for the last two drives? Or when he kept fighting to keep us in the UNT game. 
Dose this kid have his maturity issues? Yes, but let’s also be real he has not done anything serious. 
He is still just going to be RS SO, so we have three more seasons with him around. Don’t be shocked when he is in the shotgun at OSU.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

I am not surprised that this happened and I won't be surprised if he is kicked off the team.  Kiffin needs to find a solution and fast, another sub par year and drop-off reflects one thing…Briles was the KEY to our success in 2017.
I do believe that if Deandre was the starter we would've been bowl eligible and had a better overall record.  Robison was so inconsistent and just never got it going, and that was growing pains as we also broke in a new O-coordinator. Last year we were just  terrible, but on the small things and it costed us some games.  Motor was our only shining star  and he showed up every game, take him out of the mix and we are 3-9 for sure. I think we should move on and get Tronti and Littlejohn a chance and reps.  We are wasting time on building something special, we should be dominating the conference especially with all our talent. It would be funny that our defense does amazing this year but we can no longer score because of bad rb play, no receivers, terrible kicking and no experience at QB.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2019, 12:10 PM #385703

No, Briles wasn’t the key. 2017 was great because of great inside zone blocking and a vet QB.
As I pointed out already out stuff rate was horrible last year.
Motor was all or nothing at times. A 30 yard run followed by -2 and 1 was really bad for our young QB putting him in a lot of 3rd and long. Honestly I thought Whyte was the better back the last 6 games.
We were also horrible in 3rd and 4th and short.  BJ Emmons looks good so far (he came in great shape and is running week)
Our RB class is also unreal 1-2
Of those guys will contribute this year. RB might be the easiest transition position.

WR is another story transition wise, but again talent is coming unlike FAU has ever had. 
Back to the top

Prior  to the suspension  I was very excited to see what chris coukd do after two years at fau. He is in his prime physically.  I believe he is as talented as any qb we have  ever had. Lane knows the facts about his suspension  and he knows his personality.  What ever decision  he makes about chris will be best for fau. It is a shame  as all this could have been avoided. He needs to be a little more humble. Jmho.  
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

You must have missed all the other game De’Andre played where completing a bubble screen was an adventure. His arm wasn’t the same after the clot. 

Chris Robison has is up and downs in the field but the talent is clear.
Also, clown show? Other than this but of dancing in the middle of game what are you talking about? 
When he limped out vs La Tech and tried to play on one leg for the last two drives? Or when he kept fighting to keep us in the UNT game. 
Dose this kid have his maturity issues? Yes, but let’s also be real he has not done anything serious. 
He is still just going to be RS SO, so we have three more seasons with him around. Don’t be shocked when he is in the shotgun at OSU.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2019, 9:48 PM #385710

I saw just about every game and saw Deandre's limitations throwing the ball – however we in no way needed a gunslinger last year, and leadership intangibles (as well as DJ's running ability) probably doesn't make us do much worse than 5-7 and missing a bowl, which we did with all of CR's supposed talents (despite having what appears to be two NFL RB's on the roster). With that said,CR is a grown man, has already been kicked out of OU for stupidity, had another chance here and looks like he is blowing that too. His actions speak volumes for me and I'd be hesitant trusting this guy with the future of our offense.
Back to the top

First off, our receivers were terrible. Secondly, for how great Motor is, we didn't have a receiving option out of the backfield. That alone makes it almost impossible for any QB to succeed. Now throw in the fact that our OL replacements were terrible (even Diaz was a downgrade in my opinion). And if you have a bad defense on top of that, which we did for a lot of games, then it's impossible for any QB to have a good year. Our only hope for receivers is Cameron Wynn and Eyin Cole. Obviously, our only chance to have a passing game is if one of these new guys come through.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

First off, our receivers were terrible. Secondly, for how great Motor is, we didn't have a receiving option out of the backfield. That alone makes it almost impossible for any QB to succeed. Now throw in the fact that our OL replacements were terrible (even Diaz was a downgrade in my opinion). And if you have a bad defense on top of that, which we did for a lot of games, then it's impossible for any QB to have a good year. Our only hope for receivers is Cameron Wynn and Eyin Cole. Obviously, our only chance to have a passing game is if one of these new guys come through.
Posted On: Mar 29th 2019, 11:06 AM #385715
We can blame everybody else but the QB for his inconsistent play I guess. A lot of people are enamored by his supposed "talent". Clearly Kiffin loves his talent. I saw a slightly upgraded Parr – maybe, but his decision making was atrocious at times (and his running game left a lot to be desired). He has a cannon for an arm - great. We didn't need a wild gunslinger last year, we needed somebody to take control of the offense with the pieces it had – he didn't do the job. Maybe our other options wouldn't have either, but we were hellbent on living or dying with a guy who now will not be with the team all spring because of more "immaturity" (I guess).

Now getting back to the topic – how many red flags are there with this guy to the point we cut bait? I didn't see nearly enough from him last year to say we have to keep putting up with his crap, not being there the entire spring when you're supposed to be the leader on offense is a big deal and concerning. You couple that with everything else (no need to rehash, but he already got kicked out of one (major) program and is now on the verge of getting kicked out of another), and it can spell disaster – and coach knows it.

Either this guy get's his head straight and shapes up quick fast and in a hurry, or we need to move on asap.
Back to the top

I'm not defending Robison. In fact, if he's gone I could care less. He's been one heck of a distraction this spring. That is almost unforgivable, and I expect him to back up Tronti if he somehow stays. The problem is we didn't have receivers who could catch. Our running backs couldn't catch. Our OL was decimated by graduations and the replacements not getting the job done. It's laughable to think you can somehow blame the QB with all of those problems. Now, don't get me wrong, you can tell if the guy sucks, like Peavy. But, Robison doesn't suck. I at least know that. I also know that the kid could do some pretty special things if he actually had weapons at WR.
Back to the top

He was a red-shirt freshman with few receivers. I can't blame him for last year (we've touched on lots of last year's issues and there were).

But I started looking at it as an investment, of sorts (I obviously don't pay tuition and fees anymore, and if I did, I'd probably be heading-up the thread on parking and campus life or whatever). Young coaches, young QB, young kicker and punter too (where I'd still argue, Robison could be our starter…); it became a next-year thing, for me.

Then Durante, then Whyte, then Davis and so on. Now Robison (two and a half of those are much happier stories than the last)?

I've watched what film I could on our presumed QB, two-deep (another coming in the Summer/Fall?), and OK. I hope to hear their praises tomorrow afternoon. This is getting away from me…  

I'd rather just hear one way or the other, I guess. Or that, after the media portions of practice, Robison runs out there in a fake mustache and a jersey in the eighties, and gets his secret snaps under Spring centers…
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

I started looking at it as an investment, of sorts (I obviously don't pay tuition and fees anymore, and if I did, I'd probably be heading-up the thread on parking and campus life or whatever). Young coaches, young QB, young kicker and punter too (where I'd still argue, Robison could be our starter…)
That was the spin, going through the growing pains with this guy for the future – now it's looking like a bad investment. Very disappointed in this guy and hoping Tronti or Littlejohn can step up this Spring.
Back to the top
Control functions: