Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Spring Football

Add topic

Even if it were clear , it should not be reported if it leaks out. This is a kids personal business. We do not have the right to know the details. It is between cr and fau. I can wonder . I can guess. But is is not my business. Sports writers hear things they assume are fact. Unless they hear it from the source, it should not be disclosed.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I guess Kiffin keeps such a tight ship that no one knows why Robison got suspended (Again). I’ve been one of this kids biggest defenders but this is pretty pathetic. Imagine you’re one of the young guys having a great spring but all anyone wants to talk about is Robison. Meanwhile, I’ve listened to interviews with Tronti and he seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders. I want him to show us why he was Mr. Florida.
Posted On: Apr 1st 2019, 3:30 PM #385771

Too many red flags for my liking, could care less how many stars he may have had coming out of HS. Sometimes stars don't translate on (and off) the field for whatever reason. Until Robison can get his act together – if he even is capable of doing so – I for one am pulling for Tronti to emerge in the Fall (sounds like Littlejohn is a year away).

I do feel Kiffin is enamored by Robison's talent, but that leash is getting shorter.
Back to the top

Moving on from talking about Robison (who is not out there), has anybody actually watched the team?  Talking about stars/potential, I would think Emmons was a hotter commodity than Robison coming out of high school since he was a 4-star who actually saw the field for Ala-freakin-bama as a true FR.  I saw the brief mention of him punching a TD in during the scrimmage, but I am hopeful (as a fellow NC guy is way older but played in the same high school conference as BJ) that he finds a way to fulfill some of his tremendous potential as an Owl.

I agree that a simpler defensive scheme when you have a roster-full of really good athletes is the better route than trying to complicate and react and overthink what the guys are doing.  Spencer looked like he got a whole lot out of a less talented group in Charlotte, so I am counting on a comeback from that side of the ball.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Moving on from talking about Robison (who is not out there), has anybody actually watched the team?  Talking about stars/potential, I would think Emmons was a hotter commodity than Robison coming out of high school since he was a 4-star who actually saw the field for Ala-freakin-bama as a true FR.  I saw the brief mention of him punching a TD in during the scrimmage, but I am hopeful (as a fellow NC guy is way older but played in the same high school conference as BJ) that he finds a way to fulfill some of his tremendous potential as an Owl.

I agree that a simpler defensive scheme when you have a roster-full of really good athletes is the better route than trying to complicate and react and overthink what the guys are doing.  Spencer looked like he got a whole lot out of a less talented group in Charlotte, so I am counting on a comeback from that side of the ball.
Posted On: Apr 1st 2019, 8:33 PM #385775
Emmons looks good, both on the field and physically. Bruising back with some agility and speed. Perfect fit for this offense, especially if the interior paves the way. Not saying he'll be a 1,500-yard back, but the potential is there and I don't see any reason to think it won't be him getting major reps in that RB rotation. Who the 1B will be to his 1A, that'll be interesting. James Charles has looked good with the ones (shameless plug) but can he fight off all the incoming freshmen? But Emmons looks better than I thought he would've with the rust and all.

It'll take some time with the defense. I will say I think Kiki Leroy, the linebacker in Azeez's old spot, is going to be a fan favorite. Big hitter with a great attitude and awesome vision on defense.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Our D has always played better when ya let 'em PLAY! I want our DC to recruit, teach, motivate, game plan AND make in game adjustments. Not install an NFL complicated D just to prove he smart HE is!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owlsdad said

Our D has always played better when ya let 'em PLAY! I want our DC to recruit, teach, motivate, game plan AND make in game adjustments. Not install an NFL complicated D just to prove he smart HE is!
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2019, 7:10 AM #385777

Ok, this D simple vs "complicated'' thing is just way overblown.

The 4-2-5 scheme's we ran in 2017 and 2018 were not that that crazy different from each other.
It's more about how the coaches teach it than how complicated it is.

They are not that hard to learn and the more multiple you can be the higher ceiling your D has.

2017 we were very basic, but our D caused sacks and turnover more so because we were up a lot every game we also did not open OU and UCF in 2017.

Back to the top

I don't remember which year it was or which coach but there was a time when the D was considered too complicated. It was probably the Partridge era and not Pelini. The secondary was blowing assignments and it was not working well at all. There was a lot of discussion on here about the complicated D.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I think the struggling defense was a little over blown last year. In conference play it really wasn't bad. I dont think it met expectations that we had, and that is why Tony Pec isnt here anymore.
Back to the top

Though they may be flawed qbs, stock still and Fine could throw the ball a little. Then you obviously throw in at OU and UCF, and that’s 4 games where any D’s giving up yards. Against everyone else the D was fine. Although the backups did so bad against Bethune it just irritated me
Back to the top

I’m not expecting Robison back tbh. The kid is gone for spring and I doubt he will keep his nose clean enough over the summer to come back during fall camp. Good bye to Chris and his terrible tats and dance moves 
Back to the top
Control functions: