Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Spring Football

Add topic

FAU took to the field for their third Tuesday of the spring season, this one with a little more understanding and purpose with one scrimmage under their belts and the second of the spring looming.

WR Jefftey Joseph on the Receivers following the First Scrimmage and Showcasing his Ability

“It is a great feeling,” said Joseph. “We have other guys who are great play makers. Right now, we have (Tavaris) Pico Harrison…he is a great talent. We also have Brandon Robinson. We have James Brunson as well as John Mitchell and you guys already know Willie Wright."

"Just being able to be a part of the receiver corps that we have here, where I can learn from those guys, get the information and understand the playbook is a great feeling and for all of us to be on one accord, I feel like we will be unstoppable.”

Practice Notables

· 7-on-7 saw redshirt sophomore receiver Ronald Patterson haul in a deep pass despite tight coverage

· Junior safety Zyon Gilbert broke up a would-be score during red zone

· Senior tight end Harrison Bryant scored across the middle in the second session concentrating on red zone

· During the team portion, redshirt junior running back James Charles was credited with a reception and used his legs to make something happen

· From the quarterback department, junior newcomer Justin Agner scrambled through the middle for a big gain and redshirt sophomore Nick Tronti used his legs to pick up a first down

· Agner connected with redshirt senior wide receiver Ladante Harris for a conversion during third down situational drills

The team will return to the field this Thursday at 9:30 AM. Practices are closed to the public.

- FAU SID Katrina McCormack
Back to the top

· 7-on-7 saw redshirt sophomore receiver Ronald Patterson haul in a deep pass despite tight coverage

Is this the WR that played extremely well in last years spring game?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I have nothing to base this on, but I have a bad gut feeling  about this season. I've been excited and following spring practice the past couple of years. But for some reason I'm preparing for a down season. I'm guessing it is my learned fau defense mechanism  kicking in.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I have nothing to base this on, but I have a bad gut feeling  about this season. I've been excited and following spring practice the past couple of years. But for some reason I'm preparing for a down season. I'm guessing it is my learned fau defense mechanism  kicking in.  
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 6:17 AM #385788

I think we can ALL understand that Local!. I feel better for two reasons, 1) the staff itself is stronger and better and has another year of experience (especially the younger Coaches!) and, 2) the schedule is MUCH better/easier than last year. But, we shall see…….
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I’m not expecting Robison back tbh. The kid is gone for spring and I doubt he will keep his nose clean enough over the summer to come back during fall camp. Good bye to Chris and his terrible tats and dance moves 
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2019, 6:20 PM #385784
Well, he is still number one on the depth chart, so stop gas bagging unless you know what is happening behind closed doors.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 6:17 AM #385788

I agree. It's hard to be optimistic about this season considering how much we did last year with talent. This is definitely supposed to be a team building year for sure. The season will come down to how well we can play on offense and whether we can go up tempo again
Back to the top

Agree that on paper this year looks like it will be a rough one. However, there are a bunch of unknowns and it's C-USA with an "easier" schedule – teams can surprise like the '17 team did with how dominant they were. I'm sure coach is not happy with how last year played out and will be hellbent to right the ship.
Back to the top

I was going to say that when I started following the Owls, most on here were optimistic (ecstatic) that Lane was going to be the coach and were hopeful for a winning season and a chance at a bowl.  With what looks like an easier CUSA schedule, I would think it wouldn't be crazy to think a bowl-eligible team is in Boca.  Surely people don't think the Owls are already in store for a return to the 3-win seasons???  I still see quite a bit of talent on the squad, and generally expect teams who lose so many close games to NOT lose so many close ones the next season.

I also expect a more motivated coaching staff.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I was going to say that when I started following the Owls, most on here were optimistic (ecstatic) that Lane was going to be the coach and were hopeful for a winning season and a chance at a bowl.  With what looks like an easier CUSA schedule, I would think it wouldn't be crazy to think a bowl-eligible team is in Boca.  Surely people don't think the Owls are already in store for a return to the 3-win seasons???  I still see quite a bit of talent on the squad, and generally expect teams who lose so many close games to NOT lose so many close ones the next season.

I also expect a more motivated coaching staff.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 12:54 PM #385793

This team just needs to clean some things up.

We lost a game to La Tech this year while running over 7 YPC and holding them under 3 with pour third QB playing.
Despite the step back we were still better than most teams in this conference.

Getting Marshall, MTSU, and FIU at home this year is huge.
Back to the top

So many questions. Such a lack of information . All keeping me from being optimistic.  I hope I am pleasantly surprised  when we take the field.  Lanes ability to keep things quiet is award winning. But as a fan, I hate it
Back to the top
Control functions: