Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Spring Football

Add topic

This Spring game was by far one of the cleanest and well coached games that I have seen. Both Agner and Tronti reminded me of Driskell and his smooth operation of the offensive system.  The Defense looks way better,  hungrier and the schemes seem to fit the athletes that we have.  I believe this year our defense will be one of our strengths as we will be able to get needed stops.  Spencer has a lot of experience and this unit looks like they are already on the same page.  The problem with the O is even if we run the system Driskell thrived in we don’t have motor.  The Jet sweep with Willie right should be eliminated from the play book.  We need consistency and the wins will show up. Some players need to step up like Bryant who for sure will get draft notoriety.  Last year was a missed chance because we were not disciplined,  but I see a solid 6 wins right now if the defense make the stops and I like 9 wins if the offense gets the ball rolling.  Robison creates a problem with us moving forward.  No doubt if he gets his act together his talent can really  help but who knows.  
Back to the top

faufan300 said

This Spring game was by far one of the cleanest and well coached games that I have seen. Both Agner and Tronti reminded me of Driskell and his smooth operation of the offensive system.  The Defense looks way better,  hungrier and the schemes seem to fit the athletes that we have.  I believe this year our defense will be one of our strengths as we will be able to get needed stops.  Spencer has a lot of experience and this unit looks like they are already on the same page.  The problem with the O is even if we run the system Driskell thrived in we don’t have motor.  The Jet sweep with Willie right should be eliminated from the play book.  We need consistency and the wins will show up. Some players need to step up like Bryant who for sure will get draft notoriety.  Last year was a missed chance because we were not disciplined,  but I see a solid 6 wins right now if the defense make the stops and I like 9 wins if the offense gets the ball rolling.  Robison creates a problem with us moving forward.  No doubt if he gets his act together his talent can really  help but who knows.  
Posted On: Apr 13th 2019, 7:04 PM #385905

I agree which is why, despite Robison’s talent and experience, I think we are better off without him. Kid seems to be very misguided making mistakes that end up with the same consequences (suspensions). A QB is supposed to lead your program and it’s hard to do that when you’re suspended for relevant parts of spring practice and potentially the fall. We also don’t need that type of irresponsibility around our young guys. I think Tronti is the guy moving forward. Showed he can take care of the ball and keep a cool head. His size is a major plus as well. I also liked the James Charles/Chauncey Mason attack at RB. Emmons looked slow and unsure of when to make a cut which is a big disappointment considering his background. All in all, I think Kiffin has this ship headed in the right direction. We may struggle early but we can definitely finish the year strong and get to a bowl especially considering the schedule but then again, there is so much parody in our Conference who really knows! Roll Owls!!
Back to the top

I didn't see a huge drop off at qb with cr gone. Looked like a typical fau spring game. My new favorite player is leroy. He is an absolute beast. Did not see a stand out I'm any one position. Our te's are still top notch. Watching the practice didn't sway my thoughts about the team. LAWOWL  summed it up at the end of his post. . We'll  see in the fall.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

faufan300 said

Posted On: Apr 13th 2019, 7:04 PM #385905

I agree which is why, despite Robison’s talent and experience, I think we are better off without him. Kid seems to be very misguided making mistakes that end up with the same consequences (suspensions). A QB is supposed to lead your program and it’s hard to do that when you’re suspended for relevant parts of spring practice and potentially the fall. We also don’t need that type of irresponsibility around our young guys. I think Tronti is the guy moving forward. Showed he can take care of the ball and keep a cool head. His size is a major plus as well. I also liked the James Charles/Chauncey Mason attack at RB. Emmons looked slow and unsure of when to make a cut which is a big disappointment considering his background. All in all, I think Kiffin has this ship headed in the right direction. We may struggle early but we can definitely finish t
he year strong and get to a bowl especially considering the schedule but then again, there is so much parody in our Conference who really knows! Roll Owls!!
Posted On: Apr 13th 2019, 9:22 PM #385909

Neither QB got a first down in each of their first 5 drives.

If Lane felt we were better off without CR he would not be here.
Back to the top

Glad I can read the messages here, because what I was reading outside this forum had me a bit concerned, especially with the running game, QB play, and a Spring game ejection? (lol). I think it's sort of a given the WR unit may be a big issue again; hoping someone steps up.
Back to the top

You guys are local, any way preferred walk-on Dane Stratton can help at WR as a true freshman???
Back to the top

Aside from Willie Wright and  Harrison Bryant, there will be plenty of spots to compete for in the receiving group.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

You guys are local, any way preferred walk-on Dane Stratton can help at WR as a true freshman???
Posted On: Apr 15th 2019, 6:28 AM #385964

If we are depending on a true freshmen walk on you can kiss this season goodbye.

Expect players like Mugin, Nelson, Cole, Wynn, and Roberts to make an impact at WR

JD Martin is coming off a knee injury so I would not expect much his freshmen year.
Back to the top

That is cool Shane, was just wondering since we still seem to have a bad drops issue and he is supposed to have great hands! No matter, I think we need to get the ball to Mr. Harrison 100 times this year!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

That is cool Shane, was just wondering since we still seem to have a bad drops issue and he is supposed to have great hands! No matter, I think we need to get the ball to Mr. Harrison 100 times this year!!
Posted On: Apr 15th 2019, 12:18 PM #385967

Harrison is great, but due to lack of other weapons, he will be taken away by most teams.

One thing I have seen a lot of in spring is getting Raine involved in the passing game more.

He has looked really good in the spring.
Back to the top
Control functions: