Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is Best College In Florida and #10 on overall list

Add topic

owlsdad said

@dusky - didn’t mean for anybody to take offense.  My comment was as Jack read it that FAU had the lowest tuition of the articles’ top-10.  Never a bad thing to be a “top-10” and I am very happy I have a daughter attending and doing well in Boca.

I was pointing out the actual cost of pretty much all the FL public schools are roughly the same, so this study/article sees extra value at FAU - so did my oldest daughter (and so did I).  I try to let all 3 of my kids make the decision that is right for them, but selfishly I would have been very happy if daughter #2 would have followed daughter #1.
Posted On: Mar 5th 2019, 12:57 AM #385426

No offense.  I do believe there was a misunderstanding of the cost aspect the article described, just pointing it out.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Let's just all agree that FIU sucks.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Let's just all agree that FIU sucks.
Posted On: Mar 5th 2019, 6:48 PM #385433

Agreed!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

GeorgiaOwl said

Actually FIU is Miami's "3rd team" - Dolphins, UM, FIU
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2019, 8:51 PM #385407

Actually, FIU is Miami's tenth team. Dolphins, UM, FSU, UF, UCF, Real Madrid, Patriots, Miami Northwestern, the Yankees if they starting playing any form of football, then maybe FIU.
Posted On: Mar 4th 2019, 1:24 PM #385415

Throw the Mets in if they played football over FIU as well.
Back to the top

This is really good news and press for the university. Keeping it (very) real – the school's academic profile and reputation have been concerning for as long as I can remember. Given my profession, I can't tell you how many times people have been surpised at or questioned why my undergraduate degree is from FAU (I'm out of state which doesn't help). In all fairness, FIU has really stepped up their academic profile and it's good to know that we really are making strides with ours. This type of accolade is a game changer.
Back to the top

d-owl said

This is really good news and press for the university. Keeping it (very) real – the school's academic profile and reputation have been concerning for as long as I can remember. Given my profession, I can't tell you how many times people have been surpised at or questioned why my undergraduate degree is from FAU (I'm out of state which doesn't help). In all fairness, FIU has really stepped up their academic profile and it's good to know that we really are making strides with ours. This type of accolade is a game changer.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2019, 12:07 PM #385732

Interesting.  I am out of state as well, and there's maybe a dozen schools in the country that stand out, the rest are in the same pack, especially state schools imho.  Is the academic profile of FAU and say Alabama really that different? Probably not, one just happens to be the best football school ever, and the other is Alabama.
Back to the top

owlmart said

d-owl said

Posted On: Mar 30th 2019, 12:07 PM #385732
Interesting.  I am out of state as well, and there's maybe a dozen schools in the country that stand out, the rest are in the same pack, especially state schools imho.  Is the academic profile of FAU and say Alabama really that different? Probably not, one just happens to be the best football school ever, and the other is Alabama.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2019, 1:04 PM #385733
I hear you, but a lot of times it's the "top schools" or the schools in the region you are in. FAU is just off the radar completely from a national perspective, and really was never considered that strong academically (other than some of the programs - ocean engineering, accounting, etc). A lot of that has to do with how new FAU is and it's large commuter demographic, but everyone is starting to see it is a diamond in the rough. It feels like the President is really kicking it up a notch to ensure it is recognized for the fine institution it is.  As far as the Crimson Tide, I'd love for FAU to have its academic profile – it is a solid institution (current rank of 129 for national universities per USNWR), although not elite, per se. We are getting there(oh, and I saw what you did there lol).
Back to the top

d-owl said

Jack D Whidden III said

GeorgiaOwl said

Actually FIU is Miami's "3rd team" - Dolphins, UM, FIU
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2019, 8:51 PM #385407

Actually, FIU is Miami's tenth team. Dolphins, UM, FSU, UF, UCF, Real Madrid, Patriots, Miami Northwestern, the Yankees if they starting playing any form of football, then maybe FIU.
Posted On: Mar 4th 2019, 1:24 PM #385415

Throw the Mets in if they played football over FIU as well.
Posted On: Mar 28th 2019, 5:25 PM #385706

Throw in the Miami Marlins.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top
Control functions: