Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TAKEAWAYS: FAU Football's Final 2019 Spring Scrimmage

walty12 said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

walty12 said

d-owl said

It's early, but it sounds like our offense is going to have major issues from all accounts.
Posted On: Apr 21st 2019, 9:29 AM #386017
QB - who knows?

RB - who knows?

WR - Extremely thin and unproven

TE -  Good

OL - Need development and cohesion to happen.  Need some guys to take big steps here.  

I would expect the offense to start ugly through the first 3-4 games (we are going to have to rely on defense all year, but to start 3-3 need them to win us games first half of year).

We'll see what we have from there.

Like I said last year…"grab a cocktail and just enjoy the Lane train".
Posted On: Apr 22nd 2019, 11:02 AM #386032
I went through every C-USA team I can find 3-4 real question mark positions.

I do think RB will be good as Emmons has looked good and James Charles has a nice spring and as I have said 1-2 of the RB's we are bringing in will make an impact.

Posted On: Apr 22nd 2019, 11:07 AM #386033

Exactly.  It's extremely difficult to predict.  

Our D could be the best in the conference.  We may be starting a QB who has never started a college football game before (usually not a good thing).

Our roster has strengths, most of which seem to be on D.  On the offensive side of the ball, it feels like we have taken some chances with recruiting (QB, WR) and really missed…which is putting us in a complete rebuild type feel this fall.  The offensive line…need that to come together in a big way.  

Our 'stuff rate' wasn't 105 last year because our RB's sucked.  It was 105 because we couldn't run block worth a lick.
Posted On: Apr 22nd 2019, 11:21 AM #386034

That stuff rate hurt our offense from going fast more than anything.   Can't have a snowball going downhill is it doesn't start moving forward at all.
Back to the top

When will we (or do we) know who will be arriving for summer?
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

When will we (or do we) know who will be arriving for summer?
Posted On: Apr 22nd 2019, 6:21 PM #386037

A few will come summer A and the rest will come summer B.

I doubt they will all make it as odds just say that is not likely to happen.

We will just have to piece together
Back to the top
Control functions: