Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former FSU QB Deondre Francois to Walk On at FAU

He has 12x the amount of followers we have and get's less than 1/12 the participation.

(Paid followers)
Back to the top

As I had posted earlier, this was bound to happen.  FAU does not have a great track record with the "last chance" type of guys that have been brought in under Lane so far, and the fact that Francois is coming in with a lot of off-the-field baggage to battle with or replace last season's starting QB who transferred in with a lot of baggage and has added to it in his 2 years on campus becomes a field-day for certain writers.

I live in Orlando, and Bianchi is a known commodity as a local "shock-jock" kind of guy.  But that seems to be very common when you watch or listen to many of the sports shows today (Stephen A, Cowherd, etc.).  At the same time, I think it is hard to dispute the fact that FAU has taken a "we'll take you" approach towards high-profile players who haven't panned out other places (just look at the list of guys that fit that narrative).
Back to the top

Haters are going to hate. Miami had to go through this in the 80s. Florida went through this in the Meyer era. “Bad Boys” playing football and transferring to other programs has always been a headline grabber but is hardly a new phenomenon. I think the Francois pick up will actually work out for us. We’re getting a guy that actually has big game experience and is more physically developed unlike the past 2 “Last Chance U” guys we’ve had in Johnson and Robison. He also seemed to be getting at least some of his explosive athleticism back towards the end of last season. If he is 80% of what he was during that standout 2016 campaign, we will be one of the better teams in conference and will definitely get back to a bowl and hopefully get back to the top of the League. I give Lane a lot of credit with this one
Back to the top

I'm always very causious about taking in "problems".  D'andre johnson  didn't pan out but he has become a quality guy. I would do that again.  CR is still at the wait and see stage . Francois, I absolutely would take the chance. I want both chris and d'andre j and d'andre f,  to show that young kids can f up and still rise to the top. Man, these guys are soooo young still. But they are all on their last strike. I hope they all have the right mentors talking to them. My fingers are crossed .
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm always very causious about taking in "problems".  D'andre johnson  didn't pan out but he has become a quality guy. I would do that again.  CR is still at the wait and see stage . Francois, I absolutely would take the chance. I want both chris and d'andre j and d'andre f,  to show that young kids can f up and still rise to the top. Man, these guys are soooo young still. But they are all on their last strike. I hope they all have the right mentors talking to them. My fingers are crossed .
Posted On: May 23rd 2019, 3:34 PM #386473

Lane has no problems taking some risks to get better talent to FAUhe knows that if he wins people tend not to care.
This recruiting class has a few grade risks, but if we can get a couple of SEC type players taking a chance it is worth it.

Just look at Kiffin himself, he was a joke in most eyes when we hired him and now he is seen as this lovable coach.

I mean Tennessee fans wanted him last year after him being possibly the most hated man in Knoxville.
Back to the top

Any update on the Francois situation? Heard from a friend inside the athletic department this is not 100% guaranteed to happen 
Back to the top

His enrolling term, I think, is 22 June (not looking at the academic calendar). The real news would probably come on the 23rd. But last I heard, he was looking for apartments in Boca. And he's all over FAU players' twitter accounts, for whatever that's worth.
Back to the top

Any update on the Francois situation? I’m hearing he won’t be here this fall
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: