Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 C-USA Baseball Championship Thread

Add topic

SWAN
Back to the top

The guys pick up win 40, and are Championship Bound!

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Swan was amazing. If fau wins this thing, swan will be a big part in the tournament. . Great performance.  We must get mentally ready for the final. Coach has our arms ready and lined up. First time we are actually in good shape for the final in a lot of years.
Back to the top

Second baseman Francisco Urbaez drove in four runs with four hits Saturday afternoon to help top-seeded Florida Atlantic lap UTSA, 11-4 in the semifinal round of the 2019 C-USA Baseball Championship.

The victory, which was the 400th in Florida Atlantic coach John McCormack’s career, sends the Owls (40-19) into Sunday where they will meet second-seeded Southern Miss (37-19) in a rematch of the 2018 title game. First pitch is scheduled for 2:00 PM. The contest will be televised on the CBS Sports Network.

The Owls slowed the Roadrunners’ roll by jumping out to an 8-0 lead after three innings.

UTSA (28-30) cut the lead in half in the bottom of the third inning, but reliever Nick Swan (3-1) allowed just one hit over six scoreless innings to finish out the game.

“Leading into the championship game, that is exactly what we needed to do,” McCormack said. “We got on the board early and we didn’t use a lot of pitching."

“Nick Swan really bailed us out. We were up 8-0, and (starter Jacob) Josey got into a little bit of trouble, and Nick was able to roll the game out. He was absolutely amazing.”

FAU leadoff man Eric Rivera and third baseman Joe Montes each collected three hits with three home runs between them.

Rivera homered, doubled and singled, driving in a pair of runs and scoring three. Montes homered twice, drove in three runs and scored three times.

UTSA starter Cameron Carver (0-3) managed to get just an out before being lifted in the first inning, allowing two runs on a hit, walking two. Reliever Jake Harrison followed and was tagged for four runs on four hits in 1 1/3 innings.

Left fielder Ryan Stacy led the Roadrunners with two of their five hits, hitting a double and single, scoring a run and driving in a run.

In MGM Park this week, FAU is hitting .339 with seven doubles and four home runs. The squad has drawn 25 walks to help compile a .483 on-base percentage.

Francisco Urbaez leads a quartet of Owls batting .400 or better in the championship, going 6-for-14 (.429) with a double and five RBI. The FAU pitching staff has posted a 3.33 ERA, registering 23 strikeouts and 12 walks over 27.0 innings pitched. They have held opposing batters to a .189 average in the championship.

Last year, the Golden Eagles won both regular-season and postseason titles, only the 10th time a C-USA team had won both in the same season. FAU, which clinched the regular-season crown on the last weekend, can become the 11th.
Back to the top

Here's Coach Mac after today's BIG WIN! No decision on tomorrow's starter for the Championship Game before a shower  :Winking:

Back to the top

Ok, for all the fau fans that are not necessarily baseball fans, take a few hours today to watch the game. I'm not guarantee ing a win, but I am guerenteeing that you will see a team and coach that will make you proud of fau. This is a team that has improved all season long.  You will also see a couple next level players.  Please remember SoMiss is a great team. As are we. This is baseball.  Could go either way. But as a fan, I will give the fau owls a slight advantage today.  We will bring the title home. Go Owls.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Ok, for all the fau fans that are not necessarily baseball fans, take a few hours today to watch the game. I'm not guarantee ing a win, but I am guerenteeing that you will see a team and coach that will make you proud of fau. This is a team that has improved all season long.  You will also see a couple next level players.  Please remember SoMiss is a great team. As are we. This is baseball.  Could go either way. But as a fan, I will give the fau owls a slight advantage today.  We will bring the title home. Go Owls.
Posted On: May 26th 2019, 7:58 AM #386541

Watch the game where?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

CBSSN.  2pm.  Most cable carriers offer it
Back to the top

Not Hotwire though  :Thinking:

You can also sign up for a free YouTube TV trial as well…Just have to cancel within the trial period. 
Back to the top

C-USA Tournament (1) Florida Atlantic vs. (2) USM

What:      (2) Southern Miss vs. (1) FAU

When:     Sun, May 26th at 2:00 PM

Where:    Biloxi, MS | MGM Park

Stream:   ESPN+

Stats:      Here

Projected Pitchers:

FAU -  LHP Eric Keating (1-0, 6.14 ERA)
USM - RHP Walker Powell (6-2, 2.90 ERA)
Back to the top
Control functions: