Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Baseball Regional Watch Thread

Add topic

Local Owl said

@Roscoowl, I think I know who you think is going  to win. The line about two pitchers , I totally disagree with. They have good arms , but fau can hit the crap out of the ball. We just need to score. Our last game was a fluke. I've been waiting a long time for this match up. Fsu couldn't duck this one. I Sanderson can get off to good start, we will win.
Posted On: May 28th 2019, 1:27 PM #386592

Yeah not gonna lie, I'm a little iffy on this one.  Dont get me wrong I think its def a winnable game and hope we curb stomp them.  Overall we're a better team this year, just think we may struggle a bit with their opener pitcher Parish out of the gate.  Obviously this is a different team but we always seem to have rough starts in all of our regionals.

Totally agree we're going to need Sanderson to get off to a good start and limit the early runs.  

Just keeping in perspective, Cusa was absolutely horrible this year.  We beat up on a lot of mid level pitching(not bad but not great either).  Hopefully we can jump them early and get into their bullpen, that's where we do damage.  
Back to the top

Of the four teams, UGA has by far the best pitching staff. We are comparable to the other 2 (FSU, Mercer) but have hit better. And we hit much better than UGA. Good news is we don't play UGA in opening game so we have a decent shot. GO OWLS!
Back to the top

When was the last time we won the opening game of the regional? I feel like we always put ourselves in the initial hole and end up fighting back to final
Back to the top

I looked back to 2009 and stopped because we are 0 for our last 6 in the opening round regional games.
Back to the top

Fyi, what happen in the past has nothing to do with what will occur friday. I'm excited about this regional. I think , if we pitch decent, we can compete. I've wanted to see the fau,fsu match up for years.  Fsu finally can't decline.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Fyi, what happen in the past has nothing to do with what will occur friday. I'm excited about this regional. I think , if we pitch decent, we can compete. I've wanted to see the fau,fsu match up for years.  Fsu finally can't decline.
Posted On: May 29th 2019, 4:45 PM #386600

I mean true. But it’s not a good pattern and it’s been pretty consistent. 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: May 29th 2019, 4:45 PM #386600

I am not worried about us "competing"  we have been close a number of times against UF and everyone remembers UNC.  I would like to see the dominos fall our way once. It is time to get over the hump.
Back to the top

When I say" compete", I mean the game cango either way. This team isnt thinking about our regional history.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Roscoeowl said

Having said that, drawing fsu as a 3rd seed blows.  That's gonna be a tough opener to get by.  Athens is a hitter's ballpark so who knows.  
Posted On: May 27th 2019, 1:20 PM #386580

Why the concern about # 3 FSU? Is it because they have the better rep as a football school? This is baseball. We have a better RPI than FSU.  They should worry about us.
Posted On: May 27th 2019, 9:04 PM #386584

#freezingcoldtakes
Back to the top
Control functions: