Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 Winning In Paradise Tour

Went to the event last night. Very well organized. Nice crowd. This is an event where fau is exposed to the public. Many for the first time. The coaches presant presented themselves very well. Dressed in quality fau gear. Going table to table greeting and thanking fans. All but one.  One showed up. Dressed like he forgot about the event. Spoke to no fans. Texted more than my daughter.I'm not an over sensation guy, but this one coach needs to remember that 24 hours a day, he represents  fau. Kind of embarrassing  to fau. Oh well. We got what we got. Thanks to the baseball, softball,  and basketball  coaches for being so classy.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Went to the event last night. Very well organized. Nice crowd. This is an event where fau is exposed to the public. Many for the first time. The coaches presant presented themselves very well. Dressed in quality fau gear. Going table to table greeting and thanking fans. All but one.  One showed up. Dressed like he forgot about the event. Spoke to no fans. Texted more than my daughter.I'm not an over sensation guy, but this one coach needs to remember that 24 hours a day, he represents  fau. Kind of embarrassing  to fau. Oh well. We got what we got. Thanks to the baseball, softball,  and basketball  coaches for being so classy.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2019, 6:18 AM #386735

Aw c'mon, he was texting trying to get some late WR transfers! :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Local Owl said

And that person has done more to raise the visibility of FAU and FAU Football in two years than the 17 years before he was here so I am pretty damn happy we got what we got.  I don’t give a crap what he wears.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I agree that his name has brought us recognition.  But these events are designed to spread the fau brand to people with limited knowledge of our programs. This was a business related event. I guess I was amazed because it was something I would never do.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I agree that his name has brought us recognition.  But these events are designed to spread the fau brand to people with limited knowledge of our programs. This was a business related event. I guess I was amazed because it was something I would never do.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2019, 10:33 AM #386739

I will say one thing… your criticism of players and coaches is consistent lol
Back to the top

I will agree with you. It is consistent. It is rarely performance based criticism.  It is almost  always criticism of lack is discipline.  Listening to John , joan, and dusty last night, they were exactly what you want in coaches  representing fau.  Discipline starts at the top.  The obvious arguement is "local is older and can't relate to young players".  Hopefully,  if this coach has a couple good seasons, takes us to post season on a consistent bases, I can agree that his way is working. But right now, his performance is average at best.  This my own opinion. There were a couple  dozen fau representatives there last night. Only one in swim trunks.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

And that person has done more to raise the visibility of FAU and FAU Football in two years than the 17 years before he was here so I am pretty damn happy we got what we got.  I don’t give a crap what he wears.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2019, 8:39 AM #386738

Also he is on the record of saying he likes that he can blend in in Boca and South Florida. He isn't into the shaking hands and kissing babies part of being a college HC. If that is one of his faults I will take it.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Only one in swim trunks.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2019, 12:49 PM #386741

He came directly from the boat…it is what it is!

Besides, it gives people something to talk about  :Big-Grin:

Back to the top

I came by boat also.  But actually wore shorts. Look, he was representing fau. If his bosses are ok with it, if that is the impression they want to give, go for it. Just not my style. The other coaches looked and behaved  professional.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I came by boat also.  But actually wore shorts. Look, he was representing fau. If his bosses are ok with it, if that is the impression they want to give, go for it. Just not my style. The other coaches looked and behaved professional.  
Posted On: Jun 5th 2019, 1:13 PM #386745

That look does a lot of good for FAU. He is selling the whole ocean theme of FAU.
If you ever read CFB Reddit (a national college football forum) there has been a thread on Lane's laid back look in the past at event last year and fans around the country thought it was great.  

Lane is a laid back guy and I love he can be himself here. Lane has never been about "coach speak" and putting up this whole persona of being someone he is not.

And like Rick said "give us something to talk about"  Lane is great at PR and keeping his program in the news. He wears a polo and kaki's no one pays attention.
Back to the top
Control functions: