Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Student Loans, Who Pays, and Forgiveness (best i could title it)

Add topic

Or kids’ parents to be more accurate 😀
Back to the top

My parents didn't (couldn't) give me a cent.

I used the GI Bill. Which is federally funded through, obviously, tax dollars… No doubt, there are plenty of students at FAU using the same right now.

That means, there are working students in (very-far-west) Miami, paying taxes and our students' tuition and Lane's salary…paying us to wipe the floor with them.

Funny math.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Or kids’ parents to be more accurate 😀
Posted On: Jun 14th 2019, 8:24 PM #386803

There is 1.3 trillion in student loan debt in this country. Who's paying?
Back to the top

I paid for my kids with masters.  I took loans and paid them back. Everyone is responsible for their own bill. Economics 101. The GI bill is for those that served. Thanks  for your service.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I paid for my kids with masters.  I took loans and paid them back. Everyone is responsible for their own bill. Economics 101. The GI bill is for those that served. Thanks  for your service.
Posted On: Jun 14th 2019, 9:22 PM #386806

You mean I can’t borrow the money, spend it then complain it wasn’t fair?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jun 14th 2019, 9:22 PM #386806

You mean I can’t borrow the money, spend it then complain it wasn’t fair?
Posted On: Jun 14th 2019, 9:30 PM #386807

If Elizabeth Warren becomes president you can 😉
Back to the top

To be fair, arguing that it isn't fair before she is elected is what will get her elected. Chickens and eggs.
Back to the top

*would not will. I'm not taking a stance in any direction.

Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

To be fair, arguing that it isn't fair before she is elected is what will get her elected. Chickens and eggs.
Posted On: Jun 14th 2019, 9:55 PM #386809
Zero chance 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

There's a zero chance that I'm elected president, hers are slightly better (but I wouldn't put money on it).
Back to the top
Control functions: