Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to Call 640 AM Hurricane Radio New Home

In addition to airing all football and men’s basketball games, WMEN will carry a one-hour show with Head Football Coach Lane Kiffin and Head Men’s Basketball Coach Dusty May each week during the respective seasons.

Read more

Here's the WMEN coverage area for both day and night.

Back to the top

You can also listen to the station on the Radio.net app:

WMEN - 640 Sports 640 AM radio stream - Listen online for free
Back to the top

That's great news. The radio signal in Boca wasn't even that strong for the previous station, I'd be able to listen for a few minutes leaving the burrow on the way back to broward but by the time I was at the Sawgrass, it was done.

We've discussed this in the AAC thread, that Broward/Palm Beach line is a strange thing down here, it's great that we're expanding our reach into communities that are only 20 mins south, who may not have seen us play.

Well done FAU.
Back to the top

teambeer said

That's great news. The radio signal in Boca wasn't even that strong for the previous station, I'd be able to listen for a few minutes leaving the burrow on the way back to broward but by the time I was at the Sawgrass, it was done.

We've discussed this in the AAC thread, that Broward/Palm Beach line is a strange thing down here, it's great that we're expanding our reach into communities that are only 20 mins south, who may not have seen us play.

Well done FAU.
Posted On: Jul 10th 2019, 2:33 PM #387176

+1.  Exactly right.  We've discussed that Fort Lauderdale piece of the "TV Market" conversation.  This is a good step in the right direction to capturing it.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

Well done FAU.
Posted On: Jul 10th 2019, 2:33 PM #387176

+1.  Exactly right.  We've discussed that Fort Lauderdale piece of the "TV Market" conversation.  This is a good step in the right direction to capturing it.
Posted On: Jul 10th 2019, 2:37 PM #387177

Excellent deal by FAU. The next step is to get into local TV coverage. Broward/Dade/Mornoe are in a different market than Palm Beach, and right now they only cover the U and, to a lesser extent, the school to the south. Hopefully they will add on FAU.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

This is great news. It’s also a little funny considering I said we should go after these markets (Broward, Dade) and got a rather hostile response from the negative crowd. UM plays in a rental Stadium 30 miles away, no one cares about FIU football and what do you now, FAU is growing in relevance down there. Who would have thunk it?
Back to the top
Control functions: