Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. The Ohio State -- Alumni Events Information and Roll Call

Smitty-I’ll keep an eye out.

Mr. Vandelay 😜- has to be better than the atmosphere at fiu, last year was a joke.
Looks like a nice campus, small stadium but wasn’t sure if my 11 year old was ready for 110k at the shoe.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Smitty- we’ve got tix to the tailgate Saturday so I’ll be there for sure, not sure if our arrival time Friday so didn’t want to commit but will be enjoying some locally crafted beverages at some point that evening. 

Charlotte is a great city, good food and people and easy to get to…unlike Columbus! 
Back to the top

Hate flying Allegiant but they fly direct to Charlotte for half the price of American and you land at Concord airport which is 6 miles from the campus.  Flight there is early Friday so if anyone has suggestions to occupy an 11 year old for the day in Charlotte  please let me know.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Hate flying Allegiant but they fly direct to Charlotte for half the price of American and you land at Concord airport which is 6 miles from the campus.  Flight there is early Friday so if anyone has suggestions to occupy an 11 year old for the day in Charlotte  please let me know.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2019, 9:28 PM #387363

Take him to the Nascar Museum.  It is a good time. I will be coming in Saturday morning for the game.  Tailgating isn't the best, you have to have a pass to park in a lot, but if you don't, you will be tailgating in a parking garage.  I did that 2 years ago and it wasn't too bad b/c I was at the top (nice view of the campus, though and surrounding areas).  
Back to the top

NCOwl said

dusky256fc said

Take him to the Nascar Museum.  It is a good time. I will be coming in Saturday morning for the game.  Tailgating isn't the best, you have to have a pass to park in a lot, but if you don't, you will be tailgating in a parking garage.  I did that 2 years ago and it wasn't too bad b/c I was at the top (nice view of the campus, though and surrounding areas).  
Posted On: Jul 31st 2019, 9:48 PM #387364

Thanks, he’s not much of a racing fan but might be a good way to kill a few hours (for me).  Probably won’t tailgate since we are most likely going to walk over from the hotel but I’ll keep it in mind if that changes.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

NCOwl said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jul 31st 2019, 9:48 PM #387364

Thanks, he’s not much of a racing fan but might be a good way to kill a few hours (for me).  Probably won’t tailgate since we are most likely going to walk over from the hotel but I’ll keep it in mind if that changes.
Posted On: Aug 1st 2019, 7:31 AM #387365

Discovery Place Science Museum is good if you like that sort of thing.
Back to the top

I am an Owl in Columbus - is everyone that is going have tix in the visitor section? Are you going to the tailgate and reception?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

My tickets are in 6C, row 4. And that’s usually a visitor section at the shoe. I am actually happy with those seats. We may try to go to the tailgate but Other traditions may take precedent over that unfortunately.  
Back to the top

@SeminOWL - Yes, I am going to the Friday reception and the Saturday tailgate. I hope to see you there. Make sure you RSVP please so we have our headcount accurate. I'm in Marietta … so good to know there are some other Owls within a two-hour drive.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I will be there with 10 other alumni in the visiting section.

We will be bar hopping around on Friday night and before the game.
Back to the top
Control functions: