Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations

Barring injury, Chris will be leading the O this season. Way too much potential. Throw his first year stats away. My prediction for this year, lots of running, lots of tight ends. The wide outs will be used to spread the field. If Chris steps up, our wide receivers will be sufficient. Hopefully Kiffin and Wise will find what works.
Back to the top

I’ve been wanting to see how good Tronti is. I’m intrigued. He was Florida Mr. Football in 2016. Tronti needs some serious playing time to be able to evaluate him. I think he might be good. Robison has talent but without receivers he can’t use his arm so it sort of becomes a game manager situation in which case Tronti could be the better qb.
If we had really good receivers I’d be all in on Robison. We don’t 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’ve been wanting to see how good Tronti is. I’m intrigued. He was Florida Mr. Football in 2016. Tronti needs some serious playing time to be able to evaluate him. I think he might be good. Robison has talent but without receivers he can’t use his arm so it sort of becomes a game manager situation in which case Tronti could be the better qb.
Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 5:38 PM #387467

Lack or plethora of weapons only goes so far if you’re a gunslinger, IMHO. I think Charles and Emmons will turn out to be better pass-catchers in games than Singletary and Whyte, so that would help. You could give Robison Alabama’s receivers and it’d mean nothing if he’s throwing aggressively into coverage. He said that was his problem last year, forcing throws. If he understands it and applies fixing it into games, he’ll be set. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 5:38 PM #387467

You want the less talented QB to start because he might be a better game manager even though he has played what three downs in his career?

From everything I have read and seen myself, Chris has looked good so far.

For the 10000th time please do not forget he was just an RS FR.
Back to the top

I have to see Tronti play to realize how good he is. For Robison to succeed, The receivers have to be good. There is hope and I think the USF transfer can help at wr. Maybe Eyan Cole. 
Throwing to the rb and TE only gets you so far. The receiving core still needs to be above average for the passing game to work
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I have to see Tronti play to realize how good he is. For Robison to succeed, The receivers have to be good. There is hope and I think the USF transfer can help at wr. Maybe Eyan Cole. 
Throwing to the rb and TE only gets you so far. The receiving core still needs to be above average for the passing game to work
Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 8:27 PM #387470

For any QB to succeed they need the guys around them to perform.

The first Inside the Burrow Podcast of the season is coming soon and I give some good insight into the QB battle.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 8:27 PM #387470

For any QB to succeed they need the guys around them to perform.

The first Inside the Burrow Podcast of the season is coming soon and I give some good insight into the QB battle.

Posted On: Aug 7th 2019, 10:56 PM #387473

When does it come out?

I don't see how Chris wouldn't start the season. Does he finish it? Or even play the majority? Yea, I dunno. When I look through his numbers from last season, and I remind myself he was a freshman, I'm not upset. Forcing a throw when you should take the neutral or negative yards is a lesson learned in time (he's got that now, so?).

The hands of our receivers. Special Teams locking-in the gimmes. The Defense keeping us in the game. It's what we missed last year and it's my list of do we got it this camp (not rhetorical, somebody go and watch and tell me [and take pictures], Jake and Shane and Julia [I've lost complete control of the parentheticals and I'm not reaching for the book…]…).
Back to the top
Control functions: