Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Commit and Targets Dominate in Columbus Victory Over Belen Jesuit

Add topic

Florida Powerhouse Christopher Columbus High school beat rival 41-7 Belen Jesuit in a decisive victory Wednesday night.

2020 FAU commit offensive linemen Andre Lamas (Photo above), 2021 offensive linemen target Ryan Rodriquez, and 2020 defensive back target Branden Coleman all were a crucial part of the victory.

Lamas (right tackle) and Rodriquez (left tackle), were part of an offensive line that helped running back Henry Parish Jr.- current University of Pittsburgh commit- put up 341 yards and 4 touchdowns on the ground.

When asked about the offensive line play, Columbus assistant coach Jason Hill, who also coached current Owl Federico Maranges told FAUowlsnest.com "We didn't really have any film but once we got settled in, you can see the result. Guys like Ryan, Andre, Jake, Jordan, and Jose can really pound people. We will get better and in better condition, Henry Parrish will lead the way for these guys. Hard not to want to block for a guy like him."

Lamas, who pledged back in early June, says that he still "strongly committed" to the Owls and will sign in December's early signing period.

Rodriguez who is still only a junior has already been offered by FAU but is also being heavily recruited by FIU. Both Lamas and Rodriquez say that they plan on attending the Owls' hone contest versus Central Florida on September 7th.

Defensive Back Branden Coleman was part of a defense that held nationally ranked running back, Don Chaney to only 61 yards on the ground Wednesday.

Coleman , who is currently committed to UCF, told us that he will also attend the FAU vs UCF game along with his teammates, but more importantly plans on taking an official visit to Boca in December.  

FAU coaches will be able to contact recruits when the dead period ends on August 31st.

Back to the top

Thanks for the coverage. Are we definitely out with Parrish? I know we're running back heavy right now, but still.
Back to the top

Great stuff Shane, you said you'd be getting to some HS games and following our recruits and you weren't kidding. Looking forward to reading about Lamas' progress this year.

Joe Lascari
Back to the top

Tampa Owl said

Great stuff Shane, you said you'd be getting to some HS games and following our recruits and you weren't kidding. Looking forward to reading about Lamas' progress this year.
Posted On: Aug 23rd 2019, 5:27 AM #387722

Thank you! Do have much as a time and finances allow me to do.
I plan on getting out to Pahokee and maybe a couple other place a bit out of the reach of South Florida. So stay tuned.

As for Parrish Art, I thinks he’s a bit out of our reach. He put on one of the best preforms I have ever seen out of a high school player. Pitt will have a tough time keeping him.

I do want to point  out I love our Oline recruiting right now.
Targeting kids who have high level position coaching.

It’s hard to find good Oline in this state as most schools are limited in funds thus it’s hard to find people to coach Oline.
Coach Hill at Columbus is one of the best in the state at coaching that position.
Back to the top
Control functions: