Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: Week 3 FAU @ Ball St

Well La. Tech just got by Grambling St. (20-14) WHEN GSU HAD A 32-20 FD EDGE AND A 455-390 YARDS EDGE on Sat. and after getting blown out by Texas (14-45) the Sat prior so I am sure they have concerns!

And Marshall hung with Boise on the scoreboard (7-14) but BOISE HAD A 22-9 FD EDGE AND A 437-172 YARDS EDGE SO NOT REALLY CLOSE THERE EITHER!

CUSA is totally up for grabs this year with favorites like North Texas, UAB and FIU struggling big time too!

Thank GOD and GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I’m not going to lie, this past Saturday was probably the hardest loss to take. It might even have been more painful than 2005 Oklahoma state. The ol problems might just be Bc of tough competition. But I don’t know if our receivers will struggle again. They did al last year against CUSA. It’s frudtrating watching the last 2 seasons Bc I think if we had a physical receiver we could win in CUSA. Without all that, 31-30 Fau. 
Back to the top

I don't think the receivers are a big problem. We do have a ton of freshman at that position but the unit is actually doing better than I expected. Harrison Bryant will be our devin singletary this season. Its obvious when our QB was running for his life every play that our OL needs a lot of help. You cant establish the running game or the passing game if OL is bad.
Back to the top

The pass protection was good enough I thought last year and the receivers couldn’t get open then. It’s ok. We already should have known it would be like this. But Maybe some of these receivers will step up in conference play. 
Back to the top

Owls finally flex their muscles… this game starts the streak that propels us into a hot start in conference play

FAU 38  Ball State 13

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I just realized something. I'm a FAU  fan and have been for years. In the past , game day meant I would do whatever it took to watch the game. I was just invited to do something Saturday afternoon and I agreed. I will be at the Wagner game, but the excitement , at least for me, seems to be slipping.  I will simply check the ball state results later in the day and hope for the best.
Back to the top

Really can't say I blame ya, our "results" in the very winnable games are quite bad actually! 0-2 vs. Buffalo, 0-1 vs. Ball St., 0-2 vs. Wyoming, 0-1 vs. East Carolina, 1-1 vs. Tulsa, 1-0 vs. Tulane, 1-0 vs. Air Force.

So 3-7 over past 10 non Power 5 winnable games of teams not in CUSA anymore. What we would have considered as possibly sure wins actually with our "recruiting edge" of being in S. FL!!! Praying for the best tomorrow but not expecting much actually! We just don't exhibit the toughness of the "northern" teams and don't play 4 quarters of football and fall short far too many times!

But still DO want our Owls to win, toughen up, play hard, play smart and GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I just realized something. I'm a FAU  fan and have been for years. In the past , game day meant I would do whatever it took to watch the game. I was just invited to do something Saturday afternoon and I agreed. I will be at the Wagner game, but the excitement , at least for me, seems to be slipping.  I will simply check the ball state results later in the day and hope for the best.
Posted On: Sep 13th 2019, 6:02 AM #388505

The game Saturday was really tough and the way we lost set us back.  I get it and feel the same way.  

I am not quite yet where you are, but with the way we have played the last few weeks…I fully expect the program to have lost momentum and support.

Broken plays, inability to block, lack of skill players, operations at stadium, etc.

I hope we have the leadership to turn all of this around…but man, it feels we are on the brink of disaster.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It happens almost every year…play the body bag games and the fan base (for the most part) exits stage left…good thing is after next year we'll be seeing the talent later in the season.

But back to PREDICTIONS:

We're going to run the ball much better this week, and that will pay dividends in the 3rd and 4th periods.

34-27…

Owls

Back to the top

I would prefer we don’t call the P5 games “body bag” games any more. There is no reason too. They are better athletes and faster. That’s about it. 
They have just as many injuries as FAU during the game. There isn’t much size difference if any. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: