Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Prediction: 2019 Week 4 FAU vs Wagner

In this weeks not so Fearless Predictions FAU is almost guaranteed to go into conference play at a .500 mark. My hope is that FAU puts this game well out of reach early to rest up the starters and avoid injuries before the Charlotte game who seems much improved this year. The one spread I saw on ESPN is 34.5 with ESPN FPI giving us a 99% chance to win and that sounds about right since Wagner is 0-3 and that includes a loss to a Division II school. I would expect FAU to hold out any players that are injured at all. Hopefully this game drives momentum and confidence for the remaining of the season. one thing I found interesting ESPN FPI similar to 2017 has us as pretty big favorites winning the rest of our games with the WKU, USM and Marshall games as coin flips. The conference is there for taking with our toughest games being at home this year minus the WKU game.

FAU wins 45-3
Back to the top

Some predictions I’ll probably regret because the #JakeJinx is real

1. FAU wins 48-7 and covers whatever the spread is. It’s FAU -35 right now but would anyone be surprised if it increased?
  2. Dante Cousart catches his first touchdown this week. I’ll say it again.  
  3. Kelvin Dean bounces back from last week’s fumble and rushes for 50+ yards and a touchdown 
  4. We finally see some of the high-profile freshmen late in the game. I’m thinking Rahmod Smith, Antarrius Moultrie, and a couple of the o-linemen. 
  5. FAU pulls away early and the traditional backups are in right around or after halftime. Kiffin said he thinks guys are playing too many snaps so now would be the game to maybe take the Rashads and the Picos out earlier. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

In this weeks not so Fearless Predictions FAU is almost guaranteed to go into conference play at a .500 mark. My hope is that FAU puts this game well out of reach early to rest up the starters and avoid injuries before the Charlotte game who seems much improved this year. The one spread I saw on ESPN is 34.5 with ESPN FPI giving us a 99% chance to win and that sounds about right since Wagner is 0-3 and that includes a loss to a Division II school. I would expect FAU to hold out any players that are injured at all. Hopefully this game drives momentum and confidence for the remaining of the season. one thing I found interesting ESPN FPI similar to 2017 has us as pretty big favorites winning the rest of our games with the WKU, USM and Marshall games as coin flips. The conference is there for taking with our toughest games being at home this year minus the WKU game.

FAU wins 45-3
Posted On: Sep 17th 2019, 8:39 AM #388742

I would hope Robison sits out this game and and our backups get some much needed playing time against an actual opponent. Let all the 2nd stringers start, id rather skip the blowout and give the backups some playing time. No reason to get starters injured pointlessly.
Back to the top

WKU QB hurt this week too. They have LOST to FCS Central Arkansas, beat a BADS so far FIU by 6 and lost to Loserville by 17. Winable!

UNCC best FCS Gardner -Webb 49-28 and the FBS worst UMASS 52-17 but lost to App. St. 41-56 (FCS ETSU only gave up 42 to App. St.!). They score but they do not have the D of last year - at all (NO Coach S.). And they face CLEMSON this weekend. THAT should be ugly on their D too! Winable!
Back to the top

I’m going to say 38-10 Owls roll and we pull our starters out really early when we go up 28-0. Also, there’s a Cordell Littlejohn sighting!
Back to the top

It just better not be 7-3 again.  I remember sitting through that game thinking “we are going to lose to Wagner?” Then Wilbur tossed one into the end zone 

59-7
Back to the top

You have to start the 1s but they should hopefully be pulled by the start of the 2nd.

52-10

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Any update on where DeAndre McNeal is as far as getting some playing time now that he has been back a couple of weeks?
Back to the top

Boynton Beach Fan said

Any update on where DeAndre McNeal is as far as getting some playing time now that he has been back a couple of weeks?
Posted On: Sep 18th 2019, 5:27 AM #388762

Good question, I thought we would see him last week at some point.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Did he really let himself get up to 260???? Wow, more like a blocking TE size!
Back to the top
Control functions: