Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

Well, maybe UCF was right by being petrified of the big boys. Some defense they have 
Back to the top

Tons of teams have gone to Pitt and lost. Does anyone remember 2007 WVU or 2017 UM?

Good teams lose on the road all the time and it's why the Bama's of the world only play 4 a year.

There is no shame in losing that game after winning 27 in a row.

Any G5 fans who craps on UCF simply does not understand how important they were and are for G5.

They brought attention to how unfair the P5 cartel is and how unfair scheduling is. Them standing up to 2-1 series is smart.

Joining the twitter mod of "see what happens when you play a real team'' just helps the P5 talking points.

Just think where you might stand if as we all hope one-day FAU went on a run like this.

Back to the top

I think that ucf should have taken one of those 2 for 1 or just go to an OsU or something like we do. They back off of “body bag” games. Then they claim they’re national champions. A lot of programs got built up by having big upsets on the road. uCF won’t even put themselves in that position 
Back to the top

Pitt has a solid history of beating teams when they are under dogs.  I want to root for UCF but their obnoxious fans and “national championship “ crap make it really difficult.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think UCF claiming the National Championship was genius marketing.  No one would ever even talk about UCF if not for that claim.  They are a great team and had a great run.  They beat 5 Power 5 schools during their championship season and beat Auburn in a bowl game, a team that beat both Alabama and Georgia, the 2 teams that made it to the Championship game.  That was the year to absolutely claim the championship.  

As far as playing other teams, the Gators claimed that UCF declined to play them in a series, except what they failed to mention was that UF wanted their home game at UF and they wanted the UCF home game to not be at UCF but at the Citrus Bowl. Good for UCF to stand up to that BS.

UCF has advanced the G5 to new levels.  I hope FAU can get to that level one day. Go owls.
Back to the top

Saying you are national champs for “marketing” and putting it on your stadium ring are two totally different things, ridiculous.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Look at the ncaa record books. Ucf was national champion.

On another note, had to wait 45 minutes to get water and a hot pretzel at the uf game, but I don’t see anyone lighting them on fire about it. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Saying you are national champs for “marketing” and putting it on your stadium ring are two totally different things, ridiculous.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2019, 7:21 AM #388975

The thing we all watch at the end of the year is not really a "playoff" as it is an ESPN invitational.
Where a bunch of people all connected to P5 schools selects teams without any consistent measurements.

Just look at Clemson this year who will probably finish the year without beating a single top 25 team and play 4 raod games in which two of the roads games they have a bye or play and FCS team before. That's a joke and should not be rewarded no matter how good you think they may be.

UCF was basically saying since your system is so rigged a bias we will just make a mockery of it and say we are champs.

Thanks to UCF there has already been serious talk of an 8 team playoff that included a G5 team every year.
Back to the top

I don’t disagree with why they started the whole thing, putting it on their stadium ring is RIDICULOUS.

NJOWL, I am sure you know what placate means.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think the fact that at least one P5 conference champ is automatically going to get left out means a whole lot more to the eventual 8-team playoff (which will still be an invitational).  But anybody hammering the NCAA about the playoff (not Shane - but I have seen people other places) is hammering the wrong group since they have nothing to do with it.

Don’t get me wrong - the NCAA is a joke most of the time, but this is all about the money coming in and will ultimately be a big factor in if the “big boys” split off to do their own thing.  Going to 8 and having to share ***could*** lead them to adding a few more teams and realigning to 4 mega-conferences where their conference championships are the quarterfinals and the 4 “champs” are the semis and championship.

Having 8 with 1 token G5 might work for awhile, but those guys will look for a way to keep all the money somehow. 
Back to the top
Control functions: