Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: 2019 Bye Week One Edition

So since it is a bye week I thought we can do a prediction page for the rest of the season. Now that we got thru the first two games, and Now have won 3 straight. 

Seeing how bad the rest of conference USA is, and Cincinnati putting down the beating to Marshall over the weekend the conference is truly up for grabs. With the growth Robison has shown the last few weeks at QB, and how the team looked overall against Charlotte there is no reason we can’t win the conference. The biggest thing I would like to note the team has finished Ball state and Charlotte off. Last year we jumped out to those leads and didn’t put the game outta reach. 

Prediction: 9-3 C-USA East champs and goes bowling

Where does everyone else see the season going?
Back to the top

Who else are we losing to :Laughing: ???

Now seriously, I do think yours 9-3 is good, allowing for some hiccup game. Hopefully 8-4 at worst.
Back to the top

Fearlesss predictions for this bye week…

1. I say I’m going to catch up on sleep. I do not. 
  2. I say I’m going to read some books. I do not. 

As for the actual purpose of this thread …

Conference USA is so weird right now that FAU could run the table or go 3-4. The two hardest games on paper right now are Marshall and the season finale against a USM team that could win the West. WKU is flukey, ODU is a mess, FIU can’t stop the run, UTSA could have a new coach by the time FAU gets to town.

MTSU? Ehh. They’ve had some tough games and I like some of their offensive guys. Ty Lee is a talented WR. But FAU gets them at home coming off the bye. That could be very similar to the Charlotte game where FAU eventually just pulls away. 

My gut tells me FAU finishes 8-4 but I don’t see them losing to both Marshall and USM. I know I’ve said ODU/WKU could be tricky if it’s cold but that’s a wild card right now.

TL;DR. 9-3 is definitely possible. 10-2 is tough. I don’t know who’s posing a challenge in the East, I’ll tell you that much. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

The team is improving week by week. I say 9-3 but who knows, may the RB play continues to improve and we find ourselves hosting CUSA champions game. Now that would be something. Let’s beat MTSU and keep it rolling. 1 game at a time.  Go Owls! 
Back to the top

Looking at the games themselves:

MTSU - win (should have won last year and they are not as good and we are better on D)
Marshall - toss up (I know they looked bad this past weekend, but expect a tough D)
@ ODU - win (played decent against VT and Virginia - have not left the state of VA for a game yet)
@ WKU - win (expect a tough game on the road)
FIU - win (a game the Owls always get up for)
@ UTSA - win (prefer this schedule versus the UNT game)
Southern Miss - toss up (good to be at home)

That would put us at 8 wins and 2 toss-up kind of games (both at home).  I expect road games to be tough because they usually are.  I think it would take some implosions (like last year) or a big letdown game to not get to 8, and 9 would seem very reachable.  That is a far cry from what the world was probably predicting after the UCF game.  The first 2 teams were REALLY good opposition.

FAU 05 nailed it - we need to take them 1 game at a time.  MTSU is the most important game until it is over.
Back to the top

The bye week comes at a good time. The coaches can use what they learned watching game films and use the extra week to work on the things they think need improving. Some tougher games are coming up. I'm no coach but there does seem to be a few things that need addressing.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Totally agree with owldad. I was happy to see Marshall get man handled by Cincinnati. I would be worried if that game was closer. A month ago I never would have thought about 8 wins as a possibility. But with some  luck, we could have more. Still need to tighten up our kicking game. Wins number 9 and 10 could be that close.
Back to the top
Control functions: