Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Are we exactly where we should be in this point of the season?

So we are at the first bye and sitting at 3-2 which Is I thought we be sitting. Though I hoped we would have beaten UCF but we can’t get everything we want but I’ll take the record we got. So what are your thoughts. Are we exactly where we should be at this point in the season?
Back to the top

3-2 is exactly the best we should have reasonably expected.  Last three games playing in winnable games have gone pretty well with no new injuries I know of. IF we has BJ I would think strongly we can win out and even without him our freshman have shown a lot lately as have the O and D lines!!10-2 possible, 8-4 more likely - very good year!
Back to the top

Realistically we can't ask for any better than 3-2.  I really had no idea what our team would look like this year so I'm pretty happy with our current standing.  I thought we looked really good against Ohio State, and then looked terrible versus UCF, so when it was time for Ball State for me it was a toss up.

I still have mixed feelings about Robison but am slowly realizing the OL was a big part of that.  If we keep playing the way we have the last two weeks bowl eligibility should not be a problem and maybe we can pull off a championship.

Gotta stop with the penalties though, that was hard to stomach on saturday.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I like where we're at - in my opinion we're 1-0.

The out of conference games carry some bragging opportunities and paydays, but to come out 2-2 and run through the conference would be ideal.

Back to the top

I'd say if we came back and played UCF again a couple games later that the outcome would not be so lopsided…we would still lose but not so disparagingly as we did previously…

3-2 is a good spot.

10-2 is a much better spot…but is that achievable? Anything is achievable, however it's probability that makes things interesting.

Here's where I see us:

Marshall -
Southern Miss -
MTSU +
WKU +
ODU +
FIU ++
UTSA +++

- could go either way
+ should win
++ win
+++ big win

Holding onto 8-4 right now, but could change…
Back to the top

We will learn A LOT about our next two opponents and especially about Marshall after their embarassing blow out loss (14-52) to Cincinnati at home last Sat. s they play at MTSU.

We come of our bye week with home games vs. both teams!! Sweep these two and we can win out as S Miss is at home as well!
Back to the top

Everything in this and the predictions thread seem realistic.  Most reasonable fans should have expected losses in the first 2 games, and winning the last 3 help build momentum and expectations.  If we can run the ball and play Defense like last week then 8 wins seems doable.  But of course the guys have to keep it up.  Lane’s comments about the bye are spot-on - good time to recover from some nagging injuries and gear up for what really are the most important games, but bad timing given we are coming off three wins and scoring more than 40 points in all three games.  

I think it is very important to come out and play well against MTSU to set the tone heading into the Marshall contest. 
Back to the top

Rick said

I'd say if we came back and played UCF again a couple games later that the outcome would not be so lopsided…we would still lose but not so disparagingly as we did previously…

3-2 is a good spot.

10-2 is a much better spot…but is that achievable? Anything is achievable, however it's probability that makes things interesting.

Here's where I see us:

Marshall -
Southern Miss -
MTSU +
WKU +
ODU +
FIU ++
UTSA +++

- could go either way
+ should win
++ win
+++ big win

Holding onto 8-4 right now, but could change…

Posted On: Oct 1st 2019, 8:14 PM #389356

The difference could be having Marshall and So Miss at home. Time will tell but if we have a 10-2 regular season, win the league and bowl game, I think we send the season ranked between #22-#25 
Back to the top

Talk about us being ranked is nice. I didn't have much faith after UCF (was more sure the earth was flat), but it could be a possibility. We really shouldn't lose again. This is such a great time for the leaders of the team and the team as a whole to just not accept losing. One key word from Weiss was that Robison is playing fast. It's one thing to have a great arm, but too also go through your reads fast, that's when you're NFL ready.
Back to the top

Next year… undefeated. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: