Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marshall @ FAU Game Thread - October 18, 2019

Add topic

Officiating was the worst I have seen but we Had a few go our way. Since when can a player fumble a ball for forward progress to get a first down? I think it was second quarter after that whack attempt at running after calling a fair catch.  It was on a drive that led to a touchdown for Marshall. 
Back to the top

Our o line play is really really bad. I do not blame Robison for this loss. Given time, he was fine. Our two young runners worked hard. There was just no push and no protection. We need to figure out the problem and  correct it.
Back to the top

Sorry I didn't post the final score y'all. I wasn't a happy camper….

But we need to take things with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, it's just a game. I feel so lucky to share gamedays with you all, especially on this special Homecoming week.

Some very interesting quotes from some players are coming.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

A bit of a serious point from Lane's presser turned lighthearted.

Back to the top

Sounded like Robison was beating himself up a bit in his presser. He admitted that many of the offensive struggles fall on him.

Back to the top

Here are my thoughts of the game.
1.) Officiating is terrible throughout football. from the collegiate level all the way up to the professional level. Marshall was giving us the same coverage we were and no flags were throw, but we got the flagged for PI. Maybe its time for the NCAA to seriously consider getting rid of conference officials and go to NFL type system of assigning officiating crews.

2.) Execution on both sides of the ball was lacking. Replacing Tronti for Christopher on the fourth down was mind boggling. Then checking out from underneath center to going to the pistol on 4 and basically inches was literally the dumbest decision Robinson or the staff made tonight. Offensive line play was god awful the whole night.They didnt allow Robinson to make some necessary reads before he went running for his life. Robinson also needs to be smarter himself as well, like if he cant find anybody open pick up what he can or throw the ball away. Defense look like they decided to skip practice this week.  Defense blew assignments and missed tackles completely. We need to tighten up on both sides of the ball before the next game.

3.) Finally the department changing thins up a little bit for the game was interesting. the requesting of songs for the DJ. Also WiFi was better in the seating bowl, but who ever can contact the department maybe let fans know before the game which network to try to connect too. Student turn out was great, but the little rain we did have and halftime we loss again half the student body before the fourth quarter. We need everyone single body to make it a loud and raucous environment moving forward. Crowd size was good for Friday night but still lower than it should be. But we were up against Friday Night Football in the tri-county region with district play and the fight for playoff and title contenders.

Dont fret everyone. We still have a shot at the East Division crown. Marshall plays WKU next week so we have to root for WKU and we have to win out to take the title. So like everyone who has served in uniform facing adversity on the battlefield it is time to shake it off, adapt, overcome and keep focused on the objective. OWLS Up.
Back to the top

Don’t want to hear about the officiating.

We couldn’t block.  We couldn’t run.  We got out coached.  

That’s why we lost to an inferior team in most measurables.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

@walty….100% correct.
Back to the top

An inferior team in most measures but they had a good game plan. I don’t think Kiffin put a bad game together overall but it’s hard to compensate for almost no offensive line push and poor tackling. We can’t keep our tight ends to block because they are the best receivers. 

Going forward opposing teams will know that if they have a player over 215lbs we probably won’t be able to tackle him. 

And I don’t want to be too disparaging, because I do see a lot of effort by the defense but these are juniors and seniors that we have seen have trouble tackling in the past. The front 7 is a little on the light side it’s not the end of the world but it can lead to games like this.
Back to the top

Hate that we lost, worst to me was D allowing Marshall to end each half with ling TD drives, even just hold em to FG's we win! Marshall can and does move the ball and they did luck out BIG TIME on recovering all 3 of their own fumbles plus I DO think some of the blame for the late scoring drives WAS the officiating, we were not allowed to cover by them! Well, not the last one, they ran it down out throats!

Good news is 3 of out last 5 games are vs. teams with basically bad O's (ODU, WKU and UTSA) 3 of the worst O's in college football!, FIU and S. Miss don't look so good after games like tonight though. Ya score 31 AT HOME ya should win, get back to work D!
Back to the top
Control functions: