Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Ball State - September 14th, 2019

Add topic

At least we beat a team with a winning recode that will probably be Bowl Eligible.

C'mon guys, don't get all super negative, we did not play real good vs. Marshall yet it still took a last min. TD to beat us! and we did score 31 on a good D!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

At least we beat a team with a winning recode that will probably be Bowl Eligible.

C'mon guys, don't get all super negative, we did not play real good vs. Marshall yet it still took a last min. TD to beat us! and we did score 31 on a good D!!!
Posted On: Oct 20th 2019, 10:42 AM #390076
Not being super negative.  Good god, we have some fans who wear rose colored glasses.  

I am being literal and serious….I think our win vs Ball State is the best thing we can say about this 2019 FAU team as of right now.

Give me something better?  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Oh, I agree that win is our best win (not game) Walty. I just thought ya made it sound like we had not beaten anybody even decent.

We play so so but still win vs. ODU then I agree with ya, another year we regress as other teams see us and adjust to us. A loss there and the season probably is done.

But a good solid win and we get back on track for WKU. One game at a time though nd I sure hope the Coaches are slamming it in the players heads as we "speak"! Learn from the bad stuff, don't allow that again and go forward on both sides of the ball. But sadly more for the D!
Back to the top

Lane’s Grad Transfer and JUCO recruitment strategy has obviously back fired. Charlie did a good job of recruiting a bunch of local kids who had good heads on their shoulders and once we got a great Xs and Os coach in Lane, we got an 11-3 Group of 5 juggernaut. We need to get back to that. The lack of depth has really hurt and might slow us down the second half of this season. Hopefully last year’s class is a step in changing the recruitment strategy.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Lane’s Grad Transfer and JUCO recruitment strategy has obviously back fired. Charlie did a good job of recruiting a bunch of local kids who had good heads on their shoulders and once we got a great Xs and Os coach in Lane, we got an 11-3 Group of 5 juggernaut. We need to get back to that. The lack of depth has really hurt and might slow us down the second half of this season. Hopefully last year’s class is a step in changing the recruitment strategy.

Posted On: Oct 20th 2019, 12:01 PM #390083

This is true in spades. A lot of the grad transfers were not only underperforming but taking starting spots from PBC kids. Perhaps Lane was trueing to plug holes for 2 years with transfers thinking a P5 was on the horizon. I think with the 2019 class, he realized the importance of HS kids. Personally I think he’s finally maturing as a coach. We won’t find out how successful it’ll be until a few years from now when the 2019 kids are upperclassmen and leaders hopefully like Toombs 
Back to the top
Control functions: