Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: Week 9 FAU @ ODU

FAU is in a must win conference game after falling last Friday to Marshall. Flat out FAU is a better team than ODU and they need to show it Saturday. Computers tend to agree with Vegas and see us winning by 14-17 points. The defense needs to show improvement this week and make some tackles. Hopefully Robison can gain back some consistency as well. It’s crazy I thought he was disappointing last week and threw for 261 yards.

FAU wins 37-20
Back to the top

Back to business…somehow I’m 5-2 this year on both picks and picking against the spread. Not that I put money down on these games, of course.

1) FAU wins 33-10 but it’s a lot uglier than the final score shows. This will be the type of game where it’s 13-10 FAU at halftime and everyone is panicking. FAU eventually pulls away and all is well.
2. Davidson scores a touchdown on the ground and Mitchell/Antoine each catch one through the air. Robison is improved and good enough to win.
3. Defense forces three turnovers. Give me Dotson and Pierre with picks and someone recovering a fumble. Maybe Leroy.
4. Kiffin makes some major lineup changes on defense, especially in the secondary. He hinted today to us he’s been rotating more guys in and opening some position battles. Jordan Helm is in the mix there. I think this is the game they give Teja Young some more snaps at safety. Gut feeling.
5. I think Robison plays almost all of the snaps at QB until they possibly bring in a backup for victory formation. ODU’s run defense is really good so I’m not sure how much Tronti we’ll see.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

For the season, ODU has scored 24, 17, 17, 21, 3, 17, and 14 for an average of just over 16 points/game.  They have not been a very good passing team, so that ***should*** be good news for FAU.  On D they have given up 21, 31, 28, 24, 20, 31, and 38 for an average of nearly 25 points/game.  Really bad record, but nobody has blown them out (including 2 ACC games) until UAB whipped them 38-14 last week.

I'll go slightly above their seasonal averages and say FAU wins 28 - 17 since that is a popular number for them to score.
Back to the top

Kiffin knows how to get his guys back on track but I don’t think this team is as good as we thought it was after the MTSU game. Still, Owls find a way but as Jake said, it won’t be as pretty as we’d like. 36-18 Owls
Back to the top

Slow beginning, a little ugly, but we outplay them completely in the second half. 45 -18 FAU.
Go Owls!
Back to the top

Here's a question…is our defense any better than it was last year at this point?  

I really have no clue on this game, have not seen ODU play at all.  Seen what feels like half way through the season…too much of us play.  

Have a weird gut feeling things aren't just peachy.  Still have a bad taste in my mouth from the awful offense, bad blocking, poor tackling and then summing it up with "its the refs fault".  Here is to hoping ODU is just too awful for us to find a way to lose to.

FAU - 20
ODU - 13

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I too have some doubts  way down in my gut. But I still think we get four more wins . Maybe five. I will be watching wku/Marshall closely.  Saturday's score FAU  30 odu 17
Back to the top

I'm not worried at all. If Kiffin stays a few more years, we'll be loaded in '21-'22 with all of Kiffin's guys. On defense maybe Toombs will become a leader. Not worried about losing DL next year I'm looking forward to a young DL not having a drop off next year. There's a lot of value for kids to come play for Kiffin and I expect top classes just like this past class. Then in a couple years we should have the talent to do better than 6-6, 7-5. Expectations will be high. FAU 26-19
Back to the top

Looking back at the predictions, they are relatively  in agreement.
Back to the top

36-19 good guys.

It’s funny we complain about our attendance issues: Houston is hosting ranked SMU on ESPN and the stadium is WAY less than half full. 40k seater!

Not saying our attendance is not atrocious - but we certainly are not the only ones!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: