Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 Fearless Predictions: Shula Bowl XVIII - FIU @ FAU

FAU is the better team. only way FIU stays in the game and wins is if James Morgan plays a perfect game. I don't think that will happen. FAU will cause enough pressure and make Morgan make some mistakes. I do wonder how much Tronti plays this game just to exploit FIU's run defense. FAU rolls the Kitties

FAU wins 38-17
Back to the top

Happy Shula Bowl week. 

1. FAU wins 38-14 and it could get uglier than that. FIU has no run defense and FAU, even with all of the injuries, is finding ways to run with power. 
2. This game is mostly similar to the first two years where FIU hangs around and FAU just pulls away in the second half. 
3. Chris Robison plays one of his best games this season and throws touchdowns to Raine, Pico Harrison and Willie Wright. Chauncey Mason and James Charles add scores on the ground. 
4. If BJ Emmons plays, it’ll be late, like a fourth quarter snap on a QB kneeldown or maybe one late rush like what they did with Tisdale against UCF. 
5. The FAU defense mauls Morgan and Da’Von Brown forces a fumble on a brutal QB hit. Meiko Dotson bails FAU out at some point with a red zone pick. 

And a bonus one for rivalry week…

Attendance is fine - not great, but improved over recent home games. Maybe 17K for official attendance. FIU will lend a good hand to that number, though. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

My prediction isn't going to be as in depth as Jake's. And that's because I don't care how we win, as long as we run up the score on them.

Remind them why we're daddy.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Look a like the morning rain will be gone. Field should be  beautiful. Every aspect of fau offense clicking. Learning to love the quick qb / offense change up. Trophy stays in its rightful home. Fau- 42  the other team 24
Back to the top

42-20 Owls roll 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

FAU is the better team. only way FIU stays in the game and wins is if James Morgan plays a perfect game. I don't think that will happen. FAU will cause enough pressure and make Morgan make some mistakes. I do wonder how much Tronti plays this game just to exploit FIU's run defense. FAU rolls the Kitties

FAU wins 38-17
Posted On: Nov 6th 2019, 5:15 PM #390613

And the good news for us is the FIU O line is pretty banged up, 3 starters hurt. They may play but they may also be starting a true freshman Sat. as well. Go get 'em Owls!!!
Back to the top

Look a like the morning rain will be gone. Field should be  beautiful. Every aspect of fau offense clicking. Learning to love the quick qb / offense change up. Trophy stays in its rightful home. Fau- 42  the other team 24
Back to the top

FAU keeps the steak alive. Extends the winning streak on the season to 3 and the winning streak against FIU to 3.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 42

FIU 24

GO OWLS!!!

:Yawn::Yawn::Yawn:

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

To start the season, FIU got beat soundly by Tulane.  But then Tulane turned out to be a pretty good football team.  The Panthers have been a little Jeckyll-and-Hyde.  A recent blow-out at the hands of MTSU then a close game to an ODU team the Owls manhandled would seem to point to a convincing FAU win.

In rivalry games the ball sometimes bounces funny, but FAU has seemed to really get up for this game the last several seasons. Short of a bunch of turnovers or big plays on special teams, we should win.  I’ll still stick somewhere a little above the spread and say FAU by 2 TDS, but if FIU continues to struggle with the run it could be worse.

FAU 35 - 21
Back to the top

I expect FAU to win this game but anything can happen.
FAU 31
FIU 13

Go owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: