Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Travis Lockhart Commits to FAU Football Class of 2020

Add topic

The Owls have added another commit to its 2020 class in defensive linemen Travis Lockhart. The Carrollton Georgia product silently committed to FAU back in July, but only recently made his decision public.

The two-star prospect who plays for one of Georgia's top programs, Carrollton high school, has collected a reported 13 offers from various Power 5 and Group of 5 schools.

"I chose FAU because it's a beautiful place, and in the future, I want to be a pharmaceutical sales rep and the city of Boca Raton can offer a lot after football,'' Lockhart, told FAUOwlnest via text.

Despite playing both tight end and defensive line, the 6-3'' 250 lbs prospect projects to play on the defensive side of the ball for the Owls.

"The coaches on the defensive staff have a lot of knowledge and they care a lot about the game and perfecting the little things about a player's craft and technique. I felt as if I would prosper as a person and as an athlete, so I chose FAU,'' he added.

Lockhart becomes the second defensive linemen to pledge to the FAU football 2020 class, joining Decarius Hawthorne who committed back in early October.

Lockhart will sign his national letter of intent during the early signing period which starts on December 21st, 2019, but will wait to enroll at FAU until after he graduates in May.
Back to the top

Only a two star , but his frame has the potential the get bigger and stronger. You never know how a kid like this may turn out. Maybe a diamond in the rough. Sounds like he is interested in an education also. Gotta  love that.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Only a two star , but his frame has the potential the get bigger and stronger. You never know how a kid like this may turn out. Maybe a diamond in the rough. Sounds like he is interested in an education also. Gotta  love that.
Posted On: Nov 7th 2019, 8:31 PM #390635

Harrison Bryant was a 2 star so you never know
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Only a two star , but his frame has the potential the get bigger and stronger. You never know how a kid like this may turn out. Maybe a diamond in the rough. It sounds like he is interested in an education also. Gotta  love that.

Lockhart was at a smaller school the last yeat and transferred, so he might have got lost in the shuffle a bit.

I am betting when 247 ranks him he will have a bit of a higher rating from them.
Back to the top

Shane, was he at Villa Rica???
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Shane, was he at Villa Rica???
Posted On: Nov 8th 2019, 12:58 PM #390644

Transferred to Carrollton before his senior year.

As you may know, Carrollton is a top school in the peach state and is 9-0 so far this year.
Back to the top
Control functions: