Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-16-19

Add topic

The lightest period of the year is upon as the Owls will on their second bye week. Charlotte, Old Dominion, FIU, North Texas, and Western Kentucky will also be off.

But all eyes will be on a crucial Friday night lights contest in Huntington, WV as Louisiana Tech visits Marshall. With a Bulldog win, FAU will take sole possession of first place in the East. They could then clinch a championship appearance by wining their remaining two games against UTSA and Southern Miss.

On Saturday, a struggling Miner squad will kick-off the day's action against face UAB, who was held to just a safety against Southern Miss this weekend.

In the middle slot, the Blue Raiders will host Rice as a double digit favorite in Mufreesboro.

Rounding out the weekend's quartet of contests, the Golden Eagles will head south to San Antonio with bowl hopes on the line for the Roadrunners, who must win their remaining games to reach the 6-6 mark.

Here's the full schedule for this week.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15

Louisiana Tech at Marshall (CBSSN) 7 pm

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16

UTEP at UAB (ESPN3) 1 pm
Rice at Middle Tennessee (ESPN+) 4:30 pm
Southern Miss at UTSA (ESPN+) 6 pm
Back to the top

What matters:

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15

Louisiana Tech at Marshall (CBSSN) 7 pm

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Glad S. Miss staying on La. Tech's heals, making La. Tech not let up!
Back to the top

Anyone up for a watch party on Friday night?

I mean, it's a way to watch college football and root for the Owls right?
Back to the top

Personally can't do a watch party…my life primarily consists of full time care for a family member and work (with some site thrown in) right now…but this thread will be hopping when I get home  :Big-Grin:

Plan on treating it as a game day thread for us since it will pertain to our potentially taking first place and being in full control of our destiny.

Go Owls!  :cool:
Back to the top

La Tech @ Marshall 11/15 at 7pm

This is obviously a big game for FAU.  This game has the best odds that Marshall could lose giving FAU control of our own destiny to win the East if we win out.

Just saw some bad news...La Tech has apparently suspended a few key players including their starting QB and #2 WR.  The line has moved from Marshall -2 to Marshall -5, not good for us.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

BAD news for Owls is THREE (3) La. Tech STARTERS are suspended for Marshall game, including STARTING QB, WR AND LB!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

BAD news for Owls is THREE (3) La. Tech STARTERS are suspended for Marshall game, including STARTING QB, WR AND LB!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted On: Nov 15th 2019, 8:09 AM #390804

Does this happen every time LA Tech plays Marshall in a game of remote significance? I'm not seeing many details on why the players were suspended.
Back to the top

I was never a believer that La Tech will win tonight. Marshall is now a 5 point favorite they’ve been favored all week it started at 3. Marshall’s OL is really good and they have athletes all over the place. There’s no shame in not catching Marshall. It’ll be ammo for next year 
Back to the top

Since Dusky made a "game thread" for this we'll use it and ill merge the two once done, please move comments there:

La Tech @ Marshall 11/15 at 7pm - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top
Control functions: