Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kendrick Simpkins Talks About His Commitment; Showers Coaching Staff

Add topic

FAU landed a big-time commitment late Saturday night in defensive back Kendrick Simpkins, who announced his pledge via social media while on his official visit to Boca this weekend.

The three-star prospect chose FAU over Power Five offers from Nebraska and Colorado. The Owls' coaching staff played an intergral part in his decision.

"I see FAU just as big as any Power Five offer, with coaches like Lane Kiffin, Monte Kiffin, Clint Trickett, and the rest of the staff I feel like I can go to the next level.'' Simpkins said.

He also spoke highly of Head Coach Lane Kiffin.

"He told me how much it would mean to FAU for me to come,''said Simpkins. "I love how real he is and doesn't bring any fake energy."

Simpkins, who is a hails of Montgomery, Alabama, said his friendship with current FAU starting strong safety and fellow Montgomery native Zyon Gilbert played a factor in his decision to chose FAU.

"We attended rival high schools, so we have known each other for a few years, I know he is going to be honest and tell me how it is at FAU", remarked Sikmpkins about Gilbert.

Like Gilbert, Simpkins sees himself as a strong safety, but as FAU fans know Glenn Spencer's defensive requires defensive backs to be able to play multiple positions and Simpkins said, he can play nickel and free safety as well.

Though the talented defensive back season came to an end at Robert E. Lee High School, he was selected to play in the Alabama vs Mississippi All-Star game, which is traditionally one most talent-rich postseason games in the country.

Simpkins becomes the 9th overall to verbally commit to FAU football 2020 class and is the second from the state of Alabama, joining defensive linemen Decarius Hawthorne who committed in October.

Simpkins expects to sign his National Letter of Intent on February 5th, 2020 and enroll in the summer of 2020.
Back to the top

It’s funny that the things I’ve been saying this stud Simpkins is saying amazing stuff even more than what I say. We are in effect as good a destination as a P5 as far as potential to go pro, we’ve seen how Motor and Kerrith got drafted and we have at least 1-2 draft picks for 2020. 
Back to the top

Simpkins has de-commited from FAU's class of 2020.
Back to the top

Me thinks he might end up at Ole Miss...we shall see.
Back to the top

It feels better knowing the only place he’d leave us for is for Kiffin 
Back to the top

That was my initial thought.
Back to the top
Control functions: