Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ UTSA - November 23, 2019

Add topic

Jack D Whidden III said

Could THAT be what has caused UTSA's downfall? Is this a last ditch effort by Frank Wilson to generate some excitement as his seat gets warmer by the week? Am I weird for thinking way too much into this?
Posted On: Nov 18th 2019, 9:37 PM #390871

:Big-Grin:

This is what makes fandom great.

Personally believe he'll still be 19-29, and 13-19 C-USA after this season since becoming the head coach no matter what helmet they wear…Feel bad for the guy, but never saw why they hired him to begin with.

This all along side being a heralded recruiter - which he has proven himself to be…But bringing talent in and doing something with it is two completely different things.

It is what it is.

Despite my posts to the contrary, believe we will win by a minimum of 14 points Saturday.

(just don't muck it up secondary!)

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Outside of the Motor city bowl in 2008, has FAU played in dome?
Posted On: Nov 18th 2019, 9:03 PM #390869

The "home" game vs. Michigan State in 2010, also in Detroit.
The New Orleans Bowl vs. Memphis in 2007.

But that's it as far as I know, unless we played one of the schools in the Great Plains like NDSU, Idaho, or USD.

It'll definitely be something different for the guys. Hopefully it's something they're able to overcome or is made a bigger deal than it really is (like the chilly weather in WKU).
Posted On: Nov 18th 2019, 9:13 PM #390870

During our playoff run in DII we played in a dome (big underdogs I believe) and won.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I would think the turf should help our O skill positions guys, being a faster "track" than grass. And no worries about rain, snow, wind….

But I totally agree with Coach K about the lighting, a great reason to be there the day before for an additional INDOOR practice.
Back to the top

I don’t think FAU was ever DII were they?  Just being picky (mainly because I played at that level), but FCS - or I-AA - is still DI football just with fewer scholarships.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I don’t think FAU was ever DII were they?  Just being picky (mainly because I played at that level), but FCS - or I-AA - is still DI football just with fewer scholarships.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2019, 7:26 AM #390879
I called it DII but I believe it was DI AA and had made the change to FCS by then possibly, correct.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Northern Arizona was the game, what a victory and highest elevation the Owls have ever played at.

Rosie Bynes was so good for us that year.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlsdad said

Posted On: Nov 19th 2019, 7:26 AM #390879
I called it DII but I believe it was DI AA and had made the change to FCS by then possibly, correct.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2019, 7:35 AM #390882

FAU was D-1AA

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

You guys are awesome! So that's four games in a dome for FAU. Very interesting!

As for Frank Wilson, he seems to be a good guy. His hire from LSU was a big splash, especially in the recruiting ranks. But like you said Rick, recruiting talent is one thing. Getting it all to fall into place on Saturday is something different. Sounds familiar, like Charlie Partridge don't you think?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Slick Willie and Cristoballs too!
Back to the top

We're getting closer to kickoff! Hoping for an Owls victory and a Charlotte comeback!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: