Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

Counterpoint is he could take on one of those roles, either do great things and be a hero or lose and take a $17M buyout like Taggart just got and move back to Boca and coach high school if he wanted. 

At some point an opportunity is going to be too good to pass up (either the challenge, the prestige, or simply the financials).  I have no doubt he loves being in Boca and it is a great fit for now.  But eventually head football coaches want the pressure or the bright lights or the chance to play in front of more than 15k people to prove themselves.  It will happen sooner or later, so let’s just try and beat UTSA and Southern Miss and enjoy what is going on now. 
Back to the top

He's probably going to get multiple P5 offers. Arkansas's job is his to take it appears
Back to the top

Back to the top

I always thought that Lane would go to the west coast. Jobs like Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon State, UCLA, Washington State. He may take an SEC job, but if it's Arkansas the team is going to get demolished by Alabama, LSU, Auburn, etc., every year.
Back to the top

If and when he leaves, we knew it was coming. He's too talented for C-USA and we obviously can't pay him enough to compete with the SEC/PAC-10(or whatever it is now). The only thing we offer is quality of life which I believe plays a big part in his future.

When the day comes, the following day Kendall Briles better be on a private jet headed to Boca Raton Airport…..

Back to the top

cbboarder said

If and when he leaves, we knew it was coming. He's too talented for C-USA and we obviously can't pay him enough to compete with the SEC/PAC-10(or whatever it is now). The only thing we offer is quality of life which I believe plays a big part in his future.

When the day comes, the following day Kendall Briles better be on a private jet headed to Boca Raton Airport…..

Posted On: Nov 21st 2019, 2:21 PM #390946

The only thing that would make me upset about Lane leaving, is if he left before me made the top 25 for the first time. Making the top 25 is a big deal. If we win out we have to beat someone really good in a bowl, and still will be around 28-30. I agree about Briles
Back to the top

I agree about top 25. If he can get us there I would be perfectly content with him finding a new job. With the facilities we are building and location, we would be able to draw another good coach here if we were ranked. 1 or 2 seasons of being ranked would do wonders for this program
Back to the top

I hope everyone understands that this is his profession and that he could leave at any time. Nothing personal. Just business. It's what coaches do. He could make in two years what would take him 10 in Boca. Just be prepared . We won't know anything until they announce it.
Back to the top

I expect him to leave last year, mainly because I never expected to have him for three years.  I thought he would leave last year, but the disappointing season precluded that.  Anyway, look at his resume and his Dad's resume; moving around frequently is just in the DNA.

I wonder if Briles would really be an option? No head coaching experience plus the optics…
Back to the top

Ken asked him the question last night at the coaches show (which was really fun first time going). Coach Kiffin said he has never addressed with his team anything. I am sure he has a 5 year or less plan, as any qualified coach would, and he will take an offer he can't refuse as long as it is at a school that has the potential to win a championship (my guess would be somewhere in the pac 12). If he accepts an offer for a better school I could not be happier for him.

Back to the top
Control functions: