Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: FAU @ UTSA

FAU goes on the road to face a West division foe and needs to win to keep their division champs hopes alive. By all accounts FAU is the much better team and most computer projections have them winning by 20-30 points sp+ has it as a 25 point game. I think FAU might get off to a slow start and will end up pulling away in the 4th quarter. 

FAU wins 38-21
Back to the top

No reason the Owls shouldn't dominate in this one. UTSA has wins against three 1-9 teams and Incarnate Word. Owls roll.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 42

UTSA 17

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Mildly fun fact: I applied to UTSA for college. I think their first year in C-USA was my junior year of high school. No complaints about my decision. 😝

1. FAU wins 35-17, crushing the hearts of everyone who took FAU -20 or -21. But I don’t think this will be a close game. More of UTSA’s offense can’t finish drives for 50 minutes. 
2. Chris Robison plays great and doesn’t turn it over. He throws touchdowns to Bryant and John Mitchell. It’s been too long since a John Mitchell TD. I think I jinxed him. 
3. Davidson runs for two touchdowns. Nick Tronti adds one more on the ground.
4. BJ Emmons plays and has a couple solid runs but doesn’t tear it up. Something like 6 carries for 30 yards. 
5. First-team defense plays fine. Good enough to win. This game is going to feel a lot like Charlotte, I think. Closer than it should be for a lot of the first half and early third but FAU pulls away. 

BONUS: Charlotte upsets Marshall, which puts FAU in a win-and-you’re-in situation next week against USM. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Owls 37 Roadrunners 19

(don't muck it up secondary)

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I’m going to say 42-31 Owls but only because the backups play most of the second half and UTSA adds a few meaningless late scores
Back to the top

FAU 45-10
Back to the top

FAU rolls 52-17.  I love Charlotte with the upset at home.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

FAU rolls 52-17.  I love Charlotte with the upset at home.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2019, 11:46 AM #390982

👍
Back to the top

We'll win, but won't cover. That's all I got.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: