Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVIII Game Thread - November 9, 2019

Add topic

I presume it is a funding issue with the band.  Look at the BCU band last year, they were tremendous, much smaller school.  In fact, every band that has visited has been larger.  I tend to think if the money was there the band would be too.  Interesting thing is, I have never seen anything about that being published.  I would guess that they don't need another fund raising initiative competing with the football program right now.  It's a shame, because a band is really a big part of a college game day atmosphere.  All that being said, I really know nothing about how schools like BCU fund and manage a band like that.
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

The only thing that I was impressed with FIU was how many of their fans traveled they had more fans that traveled then us last year traveling to their stadium. Also their band is clearly better than ours but I believe we can improve on both of these.

Our student section heckling the players the whole game was absolutely hilarious their center #55 was getting verbally dismantled every time he came back to the sideline and the students were getting in the QB's head when he was on the sideline talking to coaches. That was the most hostile I think our stadium has ever been to an opposing team and it was just as entertaining as the game  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Nov 11th 2019, 8:39 AM #390757

Is this sarcasm? We filled almost  the entire away side last year and I don’t think FIU has mire than 100. They canceled their alumni event at FAU for “lack of interest” MTSh has more away fans.

FAU did a student bus trip last year. FIU did nothing of that matter. 
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

TheREALowlsley said

The only thing that I was impressed with FIU was how many of their fans traveled they had more fans that traveled then us last year traveling to their stadium. Also their band is clearly better than ours but I believe we can improve on both of these.

Our student section heckling the players the whole game was absolutely hilarious their center #55 was getting verbally dismantled every time he came back to the sideline and the students were getting in the QB's head when he was on the sideline talking to coaches. That was the most hostile I think our stadium has ever been to an opposing team and it was just as entertaining as the game  :Big-Grin:

Is this sarcasm? We filled almost  the entire away side last year and I don’t think FIU has mire than 100. They canceled their alumni event at FAU for “lack of interest” MTSh has more away fans.

Posted On: Nov 11th 2019, 2:20 PM #390761

My personal opinion is that they had more I was sitting in the endzone this past game and there were at least 50 fiu fans there. I did not get a head count last year but I do not remember our entire side being filled with FAU fans. In the end it doesn't matter I just hope we bring more next year.
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

TheREALowlsley said

Posted On: Nov 11th 2019, 2:20 PM #390761

My personal opinion is that they had more I was sitting in the endzone this past game and there were at least 50 fiu fans there. I did not get a head count last year but I do not remember our entire side being filled with FAU fans. In the end it doesn't matter I just hope we bring more next year.
Posted On: Nov 11th 2019, 2:40 PM #390762
we had at least 2k last year. I think 50 may be less than 2k. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: