Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Top Target Marlon Krakue Talks About His Commitment to FAU

Add topic

FAU football has arguably landed one of its top targets of the 2020 cycle, as Marlon Krakue verbally committed last night via social media.

The three-star 6-3'' 225 lbs defensive end/outside linebacker posted 4.75-second forty-yard dash, nearly a 42-inch vertical, and becomes the highest-rated commit to the Owls' 2020 class according to 247sports' industry generated composite.

"I feel comfortable with my size and speed either playing down on the line or standing up,'' Krakue told FAUOwlsnest when asked where he thinks he projects position wise to at the next level.

Krkue, who was named to the 2018 and 2019 All-Region Team for class 6A in Georgia, has multiple offers from Power Five schools such as Minnesota, Rutgers, and Georiga Tech. He told FAUOwlsnest, his decision was down to Colorado State, University of Connecticut, and FAU before his visit to Boca Raton for the Shula Bowl on November 16th.

"When I took my visit for the FIU game I just knew FAU was the place for me,'' Krakue said when asked why FAU was his choice. "Boca is absolutely beautiful and the weather is much warmer than my other choices.''

Krakue also spoke on why FAU was an attraction for him for him academically.

"It was important FAU had my desired major of mechanical engineering and I know they have a strong engineering program.''

The Marietta Georgia product becomes the 10th overall player to verbally commit to FAU football class of 2020 and the third player from the Peach State, joining wide receiver Justin McKithen and defensive linemen Travis Lockheart.

Fans can expect Krakue to sign his National Letter of Intent on December 18th, 2019 and enroll in the summer of 2020.
Back to the top

A great player and a kid that wants to become an engineer.  Quality guy.
Back to the top

Maybe they’re just playing lip service, but I don’t think and I’m just totally blown away by our recruits having such high character. They love FAU and Boca and the positive energy is infectious. These kids know they have a shot at the pros here. Now it’s just a matter of time til we really make an impact 
Back to the top

Or may be not.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Or may be not.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2019, 5:04 AM #391160

What do you mean?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This is a great addition! Our recruiting class for 2020 is looking to be incredible. I think Kiffin is spinning the FAU's football brand as a pipeline to the PROs. I think with the addition of the new facilities, we're gonna get some recruits here that we've never gotten before.
Back to the top

Sorry. Mis read Jgf's  post.
Back to the top
Control functions: