Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: C-USA Championship Game FAU vs UAB

Crazy to think surrounding all the uncertainty around will Lane be staying or going. FAU is hosting the Conference USA Championship game for the 2nd time in 3 years. And thinking about the Paul Rudd meme "look at us, who woulda thought, not me" is definitely how I feel. UAB played in very weak western division this year, and got to face a short handed La Tech Team. They do have a good defense, but I do not see them mustering much on offense with how our defense has been playing the past few weeks. The only way I see a path to victory is if UAB wins the turnover battle by like +3. If this is Lane's last game here I think he will go out in style.

FAU wins 34-10
Back to the top

FAU 39-25
Back to the top

One more time …

1. FAU wins 24-20. I don’t have high hopes for this one being a blowout or even a game FAU eventually pulls away. Part of that might be the possibility that all of the outside noise affects the players. But FAU has found a way to pull games out. I like them winning again. 
2. Chris Robison is fine, but he definitely feels the pressure from UAB’s defense. Let’s call it a little over 200 passing yards with a touchdown to Bryant. 
3. BJ Emmons reaches the end zone again, as does Larry McCammon, who returns and gives the Owls a boost on limited carries. 
4. Dotson records another red zone pick and, even if he’s in pain, Rivas draws the start and makes a FG. 
5. We have a much better idea by Saturday night/early Sunday morning what’s next for Kiffin. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

UAB is a dangerous team because of their defense.  Setting aside the Southern Miss game where they got blown out 37-2 (yes - 2 points scored), they are something like a top-5 defense statistically.  So I agree with Jake it is unlikely there is a blow-out because I don't expect a ton of scoring by either side.

With a game that stays in the 20s, turnovers and the kicking game are paramount.  FAU leads the nation on one side of that and on the other side…..

I have to be a homer and predict an FAU win, but the longer this game stays close the scarier it will get (i.e. like the Marshall game).

PS - hope I am 100% wrong and we hang 40 on them!
Back to the top

I think UAB will stay in it awhile because of their defense, but I don’t think they have the horses on offense to keep up with FAU. 

Our defense can easily force this team into turnovers, and if we give our offense short fields I don’t see how this one is close.

I’ll say FAU 35-21
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

FAU wins 34-10
Posted On: Dec 5th 2019, 12:25 PM #391478

Coming from a guy who is usually pretty conservative, this is…

:Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:

But love it!

:cool:  :Big-Grin:  :Hug:
Back to the top

If the team is worried about Kiffin leaving expect morale to be down. I would have a prediction but I don’t know what’s in those kid’s head. Hopefully they play for themselves and don’t worry about what might happen. It shouldn’t matter much to the seniors. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

28-10 FAU....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

FAU wins 34-10
Posted On: Dec 5th 2019, 12:25 PM #391478

Coming from a guy who is usually pretty conservative, this is…

:Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:

But love it!

:cool:  :Big-Grin:  :Hug:
Posted On: Dec 5th 2019, 9:31 PM #391505

I just don’t see UAB being able to do much on offense. Get a couple scores on short fields. I am little worried about team morale tomorrow especially with the ole miss story breaking
Back to the top

Game day boys and girls, 41-13 Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: