Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kendal Briles

He was already vetted by FAU when he was an OC. The FAN fanbase already knows about him and would probably be okay with him.
Back to the top

I wonder what - if anything -  Briles has said about Kiffin to the folks in Tallahassee?  He may have to make a move if Norvell is hired (he certainly wouldn’t be a “coach in waiting” with that scenario - he very well might not even be retained). 

I also think some people will still be turned off by his last name (warranted or not).

The black-eye for Kendal besides his ties to the Baylor fiasco are also he has been at 3 schools in 3 years.  So no doubt if he is successful he is going to bolt at the first chance.  But again, if Norvell goes to FSU then Briles will probably be looking for his 4th school in 4 years regardless. 
Back to the top

voss749 said

He was already vetted by FAU when he was an OC. The FAN fanbase already knows about him and would probably be okay with him.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 11:13 AM #391530

I'd be okay with it. I'm a little concerned with the 4 jobs in 5 years thing. I believe Kendall and Willie had some issues with play calling. I guessing Willie was overriding some of Kendalls play calling instead of letting the OC do his thing.

Then again, didn't Kendal and LK have the same issue?

In any event, LK is still our coach and we're going to win big on Saturday.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Kendal and Lane had zero issues. Lane wants Kendal to go with him if he gets another job. This should speak volumes of Lane’s opinion of Kendal. Kendal Briles loves FAU and is very passionate about the school. I think he would be a homerun hire for us. 
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

Kendal and Lane had zero issues. Lane wants Kendal to go with him if he gets another job. This should speak volumes of Lane’s opinion of Kendal. Kendal Briles loves FAU and is very passionate about the school. I think he would be a homerun hire for us. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 11:50 AM #391534
Lane took over most of  play calling duties before Buffalo.
There was frustrations with not running the ball enough.

I have stated this on the forum 5,890 times now.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

FAUALUM0526 said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 12:24 PM #391536

You have stated it incorrectly. Lane never took over play calling duties period. 
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

I new I heard it before, maybe not 5,890 times but at least a few times.
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

FAUALUM0526 said

You have stated it incorrectly. Lane never took over play calling duties period. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 12:27 PM #391537

Ok. What ever helps you sleep at night.
You also said Kendal loved FAU.
He jetted to Houston first chance he got.
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

FAUALUM0526 said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 12:27 PM #391537

Ok. What ever helps you sleep at night.
You also said Kendal loved FAU.
He jetted to Houston first chance he got.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 1:06 PM #391541

I sleep great. The difference between you and I is I know. Kendal had the chance to go to his alma mater, be close to family, and get a pay raise.  Thats not leaving because you don’t love a place. Why is Lane courting Kendal to go where he goes next if they had problems?
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I wonder what - if anything -  Briles has said about Kiffin to the folks in Tallahassee?  He may have to make a move if Norvell is hired (he certainly wouldn’t be a “coach in waiting” with that scenario - he very well might not even be retained). 

I also think some people will still be turned off by his last name (warranted or not).

The black-eye for Kendal besides his ties to the Baylor fiasco are also he has been at 3 schools in 3 years.  So no doubt if he is successful he is going to bolt at the first chance.  But again, if Norvell goes to FSU then Briles will probably be looking for his 4th school in 4 years regardless. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 11:35 AM #391531

Who knows if he will leave, he was an OC. FAU not paying big money to an OC. He probably left to make more money. 
Back to the top
Control functions: