Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kendal Briles

Also go back and listen to lane’s interviews last year when Tennessee was interviewing Kendal for the open OC spot. He went on live radio and praised kendal as one if the smartest hard working Oc’s he has ever been around. Lane was involved in game planning big time but had next to zero in game influence. 
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

FAUALUM0526 said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

FAUALUM0526 said

Kendal and Lane had zero issues. Lane wants Kendal to go with him if he gets another job. This should speak volumes of Lane’s opinion of Kendal. Kendal Briles loves FAU and is very passionate about the school. I think he would be a homerun hire for us. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 11:50 AM #391534
Lane took over most of  play calling duties before Buffalo.
There was frustrations with not running the ball enough.

I have stated this on the forum 5,890 times now.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 12:24 PM #391536

You have stated it incorrectly. Lane never took over play calling duties period. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 12:27 PM #391537

Ok. What ever helps you sleep at night.
You also said Kendal loved FAU.
He jetted to Houston first chance he got.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 1:06 PM #391541

I sleep great. The difference between you and I is I know. Kendal had the chance to go to his alma mater, be close to family, and get a pay raise.  Thats not leaving because you don’t love a place. Why is Lane courting Kendal to go where he goes next if they had problems?
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 1:08 PM #391542

Kendal will probably be a great head coach one day, but I just don’t think he’s right for FAU right now.

His fault or not he has been part of 3 staffs that has been fired. I want to future head young coaches associated with winning programs, learning under great coaches. 
Kiffin needed the final bit of development under Saban to become more than just a play caller.

FAU is investing millions in football and can’t chance going back to 3-9. A first year head coach is a risk and if you do take one they need to be from a championship level program like Clemson. 
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

Also go back and listen to lane’s interviews last year when Tennessee was interviewing Kendal for the open OC spot. He went on live radio and praised kendal as one if the smartest hard working Oc’s he has ever been around. Lane was involved in game planning big time but had next to zero in game influence. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 1:26 PM #391545

Again, I had multiple sources tell me different.
I can only go by what I was told.

No one isn’t disagreeing he isn’t an offensive master mind.

The bigger argument is him being the face of a program, putting together a staff, and recruiting Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
Back to the top

Briles, taggart, bill clark, glenn spencer, randy shannon, hugh freeze are coaches i would look at
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

Briles, taggart, bill clark, glenn spencer, randy shannon, hugh freeze are coaches i would look at
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 6:27 PM #391562

lots of retreads on that list….would be interested to see what Briles could do with Robison or Tronti….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

My biggest thing against Briles. 4 programs in 4 years. He is a Texas guy, not a Florida guy. I just attribute the success of the offense in 2017 more to lane. Since lanes tenure seems to be over. Here are my top replacements

My FAU next HC wish list: (no particular order)
1. Butch jones: major success at 2 G5 programs and wasn’t that bad at UT
2. Jim leavitt: best football coach who could be a legit candidate. And knows Florida well
3. Willie Taggart: again success at 2 G5 programs
4. Jeff Scott: young up and coming OC
5. Graham harrell: young up and coming OC made mason fine into a great qb and coached probably the belitnitkoff winner at usc this year. And knows cusa well
6. Larry Fedora:  had good success at USM, coached in Florida as an Assitant for many years, and had good success at UNC until it fell off towards the end
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

My biggest thing against Briles. 4 programs in 4 years. He is a Texas guy, not a Florida guy. I just attribute the success of the offense in 2017 more to lane. Since lanes tenure seems to be over. Here are my top replacements

2. Jim leavitt: best football coach who could be a legit candidate. And knows Florida well
5. Graham harrell: young up and coming OC made mason fine into a great qb and coached probably the belitnitkoff winner at usc this year. And knows cusa well
6. Larry Fedora:  had good success at USM, coached in Florida as an Assitant for many years, and had good success at UNC until it fell off towards the end
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 10:06 PM #391576

Good list. I like taggart and i think he could bring leavitt as the DC
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 10:21 PM #391577

Please no. 
Back to the top

cbboarder said

1OwlFLATL said

DeltAlumnus said

Please no. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 10:26 PM #391578
Lol I’m not a big fan of that list either. Butch Jones is okay but we need to stop with and coming coaches imo and stick to bringing n experienced coaches that are more of a Known commodity 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

cbboarder said

1OwlFLATL said

DeltAlumnus said

Please no. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 10:26 PM #391578
Lol I’m not a big fan of that list either. Butch Jones is okay but we need to stop with and coming coaches imo and stick to bringing n experienced coaches that are more of a Known commodity 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 10:33 PM #391579

I think you gotta be realistic in who could be a candidate. If it’s a retread candidate where did they have success? I could come out and say Weis jr, Briles, Chris Kiffin and Glenn Spencer. But I’d rather think outside the box and not someone who has previous ties with the program.
Back to the top
Control functions: