Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Head Coach Candidates to Replace Kiffin

I know nothing is official yet, but it seems like a matter of time before Lane to Ole Miss is official, so might as well start this thread.

Without doing much research, these are the names that came immediately to mind…I'm sure there will be many others.

Willie Taggart - I know FSU was a mess, but I still think he's a good coach and this could be a better fit for him.

Jim Leavitt - Had success at USF, looking for another chance.

Randy Shannon - UCF connection with White's brother.

Chad Morris - Was at Clemson when President Kelly was there.

Barry Odom - Was at Mizzou when White was there.

James Coley - long time OC, local guy, known as a great recruiter.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I know nothing is official yet, but it seems like a matter of time before Lane to Ole Miss is official, so might as well start this thread.

Without doing much research, these are the names that came immediately to mind…I'm sure there will be many others.

Willie Taggart - I know FSU was a mess, but I still think he's a good coach and this could be a better fit for him.

Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 7:53 AM #391592

Taggart’s son is a 3star recruit that he would bring with him.
Back to the top

If Kevin Smith is lost in this exchange, I wonder if Frank Gore Sr would be interested in taking-over that room (I know you don't leave the NFL by choice, typically…)?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 7:53 AM #391592

Do you only show up when we lose a coach now?

:Laughing:
Back to the top

BTW, no way on any of the above…

No way.

Back to the top

My guess is it will be Shannon. Great recruiter in South Florida and has connections to the White family. Would be similar to the Dusty May hire for bball.

There are plenty of other good options but I hope it’s not someone like Eddie Gran or Jedd Fisch. For as long as I can remember, every time the FAU and FIU HC positions open up Gran seems to get mentioned as a candidate. Why hire him now after the program is in a much better position. He is pretty much the opposite of a Kiffin type hire.  In my opinion, FAU should get someone with more experience and more proven like they did with Kiffin. I think someone like Taggart, Leavitt, or Butch Jones would all be good choices. All three have previously done really well at the G5 level. In Taggart’s case he wasn’t given enough time to prove himself at FSU.
Back to the top

Urban Meyer isn’t coaching currently. This job is less stressful than SEC and Big 10.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Whoever comes in needs to be someone who can pick up right where this team left off. It cannot be a down year of restructuring etc. Next year's schedule sets up for a BIG year. The momentum needs to keep going.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

don't be surprised if you see some big names show up on the radar…..Bielema, Mark Richt, Sarkisian, etc…we're not only going to see the same ol names this time around…..FAU's job has some pop to it…..I'm sure we'll at least try to take advantage it….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

owl said

My guess is it will be Shannon. Great recruiter in South Florida and has connections to the White family. Would be similar to the Dusty May hire for bball.

There are plenty of other good options but I hope it’s not someone like Eddie Gran or Jedd Fisch. For as long as I can remember, every time the FAU and FIU HC positions open up Gran seems to get mentioned as a candidate. Why hire him now after the program is in a much better position. He is pretty much the opposite of a Kiffin type hire.  In my opinion, FAU should get someone with more experience and more proven like they did with Kiffin. I think someone like Taggart, Leavitt, or Butch Jones would all be good choices. All three have previously done really well at the G5 level. In Taggart’s case he wasn’t given enough time to prove himself at FSU.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 4:56 PM #391665

All aging retreads.We need young, fresh and innovative.
Back to the top
Control functions: