Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections after conference win

Why am I seeing that we are projected to play Kent state?

Does winning the conference hurt us by playing these bad MAC schools…

NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

:Thinking:
Back to the top

I saw projection for the Gasparilla Bowl against SMU in Tampa. It is a projection and not the actual match up.
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

Why am I seeing that we are projected to play Kent state?

Does winning the conference hurt us by playing these bad MAC schools…

NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

:Thinking:
Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 11:51 PM #391748

Poor fan support hurts us. I don’t think it matters if we win the conference in the current system. The bowls decide who they want. FAU will usually be among the last picked because of the lack of support.
Back to the top

ESPN Bowl Projection

From ESPN This Morning
Back to the top

Francois said

ESPN Bowl Projection

From ESPN This Morning
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 6:28 AM #391752
I really don’t think Miami wants anything to do with us after the kitty fiasco, nothing to gain and everything to lose.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Fan support clearly is a major deterrent - did I see 14,300 as the crowd yesterday?  I was there and I am not sure it was even that many.  But will Lane’s departure also hurt?  If the bowls still have a big say in who they want, Kiffin being gone removes some of the marketing of bringing the Owls to town, too.

But I thought the conference has the most influence in the decision (big part of them valuing the Boca Bowl in a CUSA stadium and sending the champion there the last 2 years).  This is not like it used to be where potential bowl reps came to games and tried to convince schools - the conferences control much more of it now. 
Back to the top

I know it’s only projections, but why does cbs 24/7 have us vs kent state in armed forces but wku gets fsu in the indy bowl…. that is crap! 
Back to the top

Same reason Southern Miss played FSU in 2017 in the same bowl - they were closer, took more people, and C-USA wanted us in Boca because I assume they wanted their champ to win and they thought we would have a big crowd at home.  My understanding is we get little to no say in where we go - the bowls and the conferences do what they want. 
Back to the top

SMU in Boca.
Back to the top

We're hearing movement towards FAU staying home for the Boca Bowl, and facing a 10-2 SMU team.

We're noting going to say the Owls are officially in until we get confirmation. Everything here is pretty fluid.

That being said, feel free to take part in our Twitter Poll below! Would you like this matchup?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: